blown radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blown radiator

ok it was me with my bonnet up in okehampton on friday if the other two surfs who passed by like the man on the road to damascus are reading!!!!

no worries though rac man turned up within 20 mins

pulled up for gas after 2hour run - turned ignition key to on and fan came on thought this was odd so popped bonnet -

radiator had pinhole and a fine spray coming out of it - temp indicator hadnt moved all day - rac man put soem oxo looking compound in rad and some 'quick steel' to fix hole - if you havent got some - get some! he topped up rad as he managed to spray me him and the truck with quite hot water!!! when he opened the filler cap.

so we made it back - another two hour run.

so do i now

A - get rad fixed
    B - get new rad
    C - carry on regardless, as it seems to be fixed
    D - worry about it and not decide what to do

has this happened to anyone else??

cheers
    NO MORE TRUCK

And me on Saterday in Ansdale.

Same questions

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

my grease monkey reckons a new rad is about 150 quid so not sure wot to do
      did yours have a big hole or a small hole?
      NO MORE TRUCK

Comment

Small hole through a previous repear - now small pin hole I've managed to reduce it with some more solder.

Rough Trax
        New £ 335.00
        Recon £ 199.00

I've not measured the radiator but Allard do a 450x500x60 for £ 295.00 in aluminium, and there are others.

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
        X