Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continental 4x4 Tyres

Hi All

Has anybody got Continental 4x4 Tyres fitted ( 265-70-16 (s) ) and if so are they any good.
    I need some new ones and ringing around ( surfing the net ) enquiring about BFG ATs i have been offered 4 of the above fitted all in for £367 - sounds good to me

Cheers
    Craig
    3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

I don't know about Continentals, but I've been eyeing up a set of these:

Tyre and Rim packages

Anyone care to comment on if those tyres are any good (either that ATs or MTs)?
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Surfer
      Hi All

Has anybody got Continental 4x4 Tyres fitted ( 265-70-16 (s) ) and if so are they any good.
      I need some new ones and ringing around ( surfing the net ) enquiring about BFG ATs i have been offered 4 of the above fitted all in for £367 - sounds good to me

Cheers
      Craig
      Which ones
      ContiCrossContact UHP
      Conti4x4Contact
      Conti4x4SportContact
      ContiTrac SUV
      Conti4x4WinterContact

Continenetal in general make good tyres, used them on cars before with good results. From memory I think of the pretend 4x4's BMW, Porsche that Audi thing etc use conti's as standard fitment.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Surfer
        Hi All

Cheers
        Craig
        Craig.

Not sure what their 4x4 tyres are like however Continental tyres are generally the muts nuts. All that German efficiency I guess. Used to run my Camaro on them and they gripped well and lasted for ages - which was pretty good with all that wheelspin and 300 bhp.

Cheers

Comment

thanks guys, will try to find out wot ones are wot.
          good price thou dont u think ? £376 all in
          cheers
          craig
          3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

I have had a set of the Colway AT's for a while, they have the same tread pattern as BFG ATs, seem to e wearing well and have a load moe grip especially in the wet when compared to the Bridgestone Dueller ATs I had on when my baby arrived. At around £40 a tyre can you go worng (doh wrong)?
            Remould may be not so clever on a 140 mph sports car but they seem tough enough to hold up on some pretty rough off roading, and seem to sit nice when cruising at 80mph on the open road.

Comment

Working...
            X