Mitsi Delica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsi Delica

A mate of mine keeps on about coming out off-roading with me. Good idea. BUT he owns a Mitsubishi Delica.

Hmm. Ok, so its built on a Paj chassis ( apparently ). But how good are they off road? The last thing I want to have to do is pick it up when it falls over.
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Originally posted by Danno
    A mate of mine keeps on about coming out off-roading with me. Good idea. BUT he owns a Mitsubishi Delica.

Hmm. Ok, so its built on a Paj chassis ( apparently ). But how good are they off road? The last thing I want to have to do is pick it up when it falls over.
    Supposed to be reasonably good off road - pretty much the same as the Paj, the centre of gravity is a little higher but not much as the weight is still at suspension height. Like the Surf and the Paj, the body is pretty light compared to the suspension, chassis and engine.

Cheers

Comment

They're quite nice looking too!
      Attached Files
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

There was one doing the off road course at the recent 4x4 show at Old Warden. It was coping a damn site better than the Patrol we were following
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy

Now go and wash your mouth out with soap and then take yourself out and thrash yourself with a bunch of nettles....

Looks like the sin bin has another candidate....

Dont forget the supplies
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
            Now go and wash your mouth out with soap and then take yourself out and thrash yourself with a bunch of nettles....

Looks like the sin bin has another candidate....

Dont forget the supplies
            Yeah, damnit' Del, I though your were a good guy!

You will be be suprised how good any 4x4 car is when it comes down to it, people get into a mindset of thinking you need a locked/winched/SWB mega wheeler to play. I've had just as much fun in a 4x4 panda greenlaning, as going nuts in the pickup at the pit.

Just try it!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ok so I'm taking him out on Sunday. I'll have to wear a a hat so no-one will recognise me with the embarrasment of going offroad with a windowed van behind me!

I'm taking him up to Salisbury Plain via Andover if anyone wants to come ( see thread in offroad )

I will get some photos - this has got to be seen to be believed!
              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

When we were on holiday earlier this year there were some surfers (the ones that ride the waves) with a Toyota 4WD Camper thingy and that gave a good account of itself on the dunes. It did well on the loose dry sand too. It was fitted with grizzley claws. I can't remember the model but I think it was based on the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                  When we were on holiday earlier this year there were some surfers (the ones that ride the waves) with a Toyota 4WD Camper thingy and that gave a good account of itself on the dunes. It did well on the loose dry sand too. It was fitted with grizzley claws. I can't remember the model but I think it was based on the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo!
                  I think that would probably be the Toyota Hiace Granvia. Don't look quite so Funky as the Delica and has just as stupid a name. Still has the 3.0 Diesel so it probably works quite well - limited ground clearance though.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
                    I like 'em too. A friend of mine in Japan had a Delica SpaceGear, monster motor and very nice to ride in. I don't think he took it off roading but they had a decent rep for it.

rgds

Comment

Working...
                    X