advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed

OK guy's & gall's, I am looking to buy my first surf and need a bit of advice from you out there in surfland. I want to tow a large horse trailer which could be laden up to 2000kg. I presume that I go for the 3ltr engine? Also are there advantages with manual? is there much difference in fuel consumption between manual/auto? What is the main benifit of the two batteries.

Any help would be appreciated.

A fellow horsey bod. Welcome

I have a 2.4 Surf and it tow's now problems, great over a soft muddy field as well
    Another advantage is you can get 6 hay bales in the back with the seats down and you don't even know they are in the back (apart from the mess after).

Not sure about the other questions, but I am sure the guru's on this site will help

Comment

Originally posted by fivetroop
      OK guy's & gall's, I am looking to buy my first surf and need a bit of advice from you out there in surfland. I want to tow a large horse trailer which could be laden up to 2000kg. I presume that I go for the 3ltr engine? Also are there advantages with manual? is there much difference in fuel consumption between manual/auto? What is the main benifit of the two batteries.

The answers to all these items are on the forum. Using the search facility will reveal all.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by fivetroop

My 3.0L tows a fully laden horse trailer with no probs (had 2 x 17.2 in with 4 adults and all our stuff for a weekend at Peterborough last year and she handled it superbly.) The engine breaking on the auto is extremely good, and I personally wouldnt change to a manual.

We also have a manual 2.4 and the MPG is hardly any different.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

thanks

Thanks Linda that was very helpfull. Where did you buy your 3ltr from if you dont mind me asking. Where to buy the right one from is my next problem

Comment

Working...
          X