No announcement yet.

Jerry Cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked one up for approx £20 from my local carlines shop....thought of using on the south cartmel run but forgot and had to stop at station for fuel before continuing..it wasn't as bad as your situation though!
    Gaz

Comment

I always carry a jerry can in the back, but it is a pain in the arse with all my tools and gear as well. I'm want to buy a holder, but not sure the best place to put it.

The obvious place is mount it to the rear wheel carrier, but its heavy and would make acces to the spare a right pain.

Any ideas?
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'm going to go with the guy on ebay. I've emailed him, and he'll cut the posting costs if I buy both a can and spout, that plus correcting my previous shoddy maths means that a 20ltr can and spout will cost me £22.90 which seems to be a good price.

Originally posted by Danno
        I always carry a jerry can in the back, but it is a pain in the arse with all my tools and gear as well. I'm want to buy a holder, but not sure the best place to put it.
        The obvious place is mount it to the rear wheel carrier, but its heavy and would make acces to the spare a right pain.
        Any ideas?
        I'm thinking of building a wooden lidded box to fit across the boot (along the back of the seats and up over the arches) to hold all the crap I keep in there. I'll add various anchorage points to it and I'll then just use bungy cords to secure the can.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Is this, this weeks riddle

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          How much white spirit, meths, cellulose thinners, nitro glycerine, (only kiddin') barbecue lighter fluid can I carry in my car?
          As much as you like Phil just stay the sh*t away from the Barnet area.
          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Pyromaniac springs to mind!

Originally posted by rubblebags
            As much as you like Phil just stay the sh*t away from the Barnet area.
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
            X