Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Tyres to fit

Hi all,
    My Surf has a 4 inch body lift, what's the biggest tyres that I can fit without them rubbing anywhere and without having to do any other modifications?

You might get away with 33's, I have the same lift with 33's but I reversed the rims which gave the steers a wider "arc" so I had to take the flaps off and beat in the arch seams at both rear front arches, (if you know what I mean,)
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Right, so possibly 32's without mods or 33's with the same " adjustments " that you had to make, lol.
      Just need to find some now.

Comment

I had a 2" body lift and 2"sus lift when I got my surf and had 35's on it with no problem. Although I do have a winch bumper on the front so I don't know if make a huge amount of difference

Comment

depends if you are off roading or not? on the road you could have 35s on -30mm off set but as soon as you flex you will rip the arches off and rub the tyre on the body.

i have 6inch lift and 33s well 285/75r16s and when i off road i still catch it on the arch and when full lock when fully flexed.
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Saying what year surf and what offset of wheel you plan on running will help us help you....
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              Saying what year surf and what offset of wheel you plan on running will help us help you....
              Sorry, thought it was under my screen name, I have two, ones a 1993 2.4 2nd gen and the other is a 1994 3.0 2nd gen.
              Haven't actually given any thought to the offset or the design of the wheel. Suppose I was just thinking of seeing what was available for sale, was hoping to find a set second hand as opposed to new ones.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, sounds like 33's might be the way to go if I want to go off-roading and 35's if I'm staying on the road. Until I do any further modifications that is, lol

Comment

Working...
                X