Lighting Upgrade (@Karma Supra?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Upgrade (@Karma Supra?)

Ok guys, I'm looking to upgrade my lights, the ones I've got are fairly tired looking (KZN185). I've seen some pictures you guys have put up with clear/uprated lights, and they look fantastic (especially Karma Supra's baby). Buuuut, it seems Roughtrax don't do them any more. I've found http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/lexus-st...ar-lights.html these for the rears, but I think they are for the pickup. I've found http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/chrystal...ndicators.html for the front indicators, but again, I think they are for the pickup and not sure if they fit. I don't know where else to look Can anyone help?

I ordered mine From Japan.

They are DEPO Brand (headlights, side lights and indicators) which is a pretty well known brand of aftermarket lighting (huge in the states.. but US ones won't work... obviously! There are other ones that look similar, I'd stick with the known brand (It should say it in the description). They do smoked ones too, which I was tempted with, and I've not seen in the UK yet!

Try Noppin shop. It's a translated version of the Japanese Yahoo auctions, they will also bid on your behalf, package and ship it to the UK for a fee. I have been using them for years to source obscure Japanese parts for various Supras and the truck!

A slight word of warning though, postage is astronomical, and you'll need to pay Import duty Don't order anything big! A friend of mine ordered a rare Soarer Dashboard - shipping was something like £400! As a rule of thumb I usually at least double what ever price the item is to get it here... and avoid anything big or heavy!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

You can also pick some stuff up on ebay.com (the US site) where there is plenty of kit sold for the 4Runner (which is what the Surf was sold as over there).

Just make sure they ship to the UK and as Karma said, expect the post on large stuff to be... sobering.

If you have a look on t4r.org, you can ask there where they sourced their bits from.

I used Noppin for a new ("Late style") grille like Karma's and also got a pair of clear-lens headlamps to convert to projectors. I got an outfit in Scotland to do the job, but knowing what I know now, I'd get pre-converted lamps from the US e.g:

https://www.srqfabrications.com/prod...-hid-retrofits

There are other people who do this and go the whole hog with TRD etched lenses etc.
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Don't forget, US headlights are for left hand drive......

I got the Grill from Roughtrax, - Genuine Toyota Item, costs more, buy worked out less as no tax and shipping!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

I think where the lens is moulded for a beam pattern, like on the pre-2000? trucks, that would be an issue. But I think with the projectors, there is no l/ r bias. Happy to be corrected, but I think the dip angle at at certain range is the qualifier.
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
          X