Underbody wax oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underbody wax oil

Can anyone recommend a good underbody seal , had my surf sand blasted underneath and now I would like to protect it , recommendations much appreciated

I used por 15 a couple of years ago. Good results and no signs of any corrosion so far and we get a lot of salt on the roads in winter. Would recommend!

Comment

If you want a "wax/oil" as opposed to paint then proper waxol is good, if you have a compressor just get a Shultz gun or one of those oil/de-greaser guns you get in cheapo compressor tool accessory kits to apply it, you will need to get the waxol nice and hot to help spray, some say place the can in hot water but it didn't get it warm enough for me so u used a blow torch under the can with it standing across the open jaws of a vice, with the lid removed of course, just take care you don't over do it or it'll catch fire, and keep the torch well away from the open cap, I used it for inside doors and panels etc, I painted the underside though, Hammerite on the chassis and a mixture of underseal paint I managed to "acquire" from the coach builders
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I'm planning on spraying underneath with a heavy grease diluted in kerosene. I'm aware it's going to look like there's been an oilslick underneath my truck but if it preserves it then what the hell... I've got too much surface rust to bother with waxoyl.
        I've always coated new parts in heavy grease and it preserves them really well because it doesn't dry out like waxoyl does.... So not even a chance of water ingress under the protective coating.

Comment

+1 for POR15.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

In the past I've normally used Waxoyl on my Hilux. But a fellow owner recently recommended Dinitrol 4941 https://www.tiltrak.com/product/dini...dy-protection/ Is this product better - He kept saying it's made in Germany and used throughout Scandinavia who experience harsh winters with snow. I am keen to know how long the underseal lasts once sprayed

Comment

I have just done the whole underside of my Surf with SCHUTZ underseal with added waxoil it was £4.50 a tin and i used 4 and a bit tins. also did the insides of the all bottoms of the doors

Comment

Working...
              X