Painted the wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted the wheels

I got some cheap Landcruiser alloys off eBay to replace the standard alloys. So I went from this:

To this:

Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

I would have left it at that until Charlie pointed out that the spare wheel compresses the tyre against the frame. Thanks Charlie. I hadn't noticed and never considered myself OCD, but once seen it can never be unseen. So thank you to Ross (Black Sheep on here) for selling me a spacer to move the tyre back off the frame!

Comment

Look smart! good colour choice

Did this to mine

then went from this

to this
      Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas A. Swift View Post
        I would have left it at that until Charlie pointed out that the spare wheel compresses the tyre against the frame. Thanks Charlie. I hadn't noticed and never considered myself OCD, but once seen it can never be unseen.
        This genuinely made me laugh out loud!

Wheels look ace. I think the 5 spokes look so much better - A load of the US spec 4Runners came from the factory with them. They clear the Tundra calipers too if you fancy a brake upgrade in the future.

Grey looks spot on too, as black just makes the tyres look faded (If there is no silver rim)
        Last edited by Karma Supra; 5 June 2017, 17:41.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

I agree Black is not for me either thats why I used Toyota Dacuma grey metallic
          Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Is it me or has part of the spare carrier been cut off? (and you need to clean the tyres too, bit of a tut tut in the old shiny club section)
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Is it me or has part of the spare carrier been cut off? (and you need to clean the tyres too, bit of a tut tut in the old shiny club section)
              Not sure, the carrier looks standard to me.

Sorry about the tyres, I'll get them cleaned immediately!

Comment

Working...
              X