Im NEW!!!!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im NEW!!!!!! :)

Hows the form folks..... just bought my first toyota (coming from owning landrovers) and so far i am loving her!!!
    Shes a 1994 KNZ130 jap import automatic...... i have loads of questions and hopefully some of you knowledgable folk on here can give me much needed guidence!!?

Hello and welcome

Comment

Welcome aboard, plenty of knowledgable folks here and plenty of knowledge in the forum history. If non of these knowledgable types pop up, the search function may find you an answer.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        https://galooph.com

Comment

Hello and your well shot of the green oval!
          What are your plans? and ensure your rad is nice and clean so it looks after your cylinder head!
          Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Howdy n welcome

16+ Years of Surfs, 9 years on Spotless she ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks folks!!!! Glad to get away from the landys... lol iv now got an official land-rover rescue truck!!!

Iv got so many questions so im gonna post on the relevant areas hopefully so if i make a mistake keep me right thanks again for the warm welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Boo Crew View Post
                  Hello and your well shot of the green oval!
                  What are your plans? and ensure your rad is nice and clean so it looks after your cylinder head!
                  Do ya think i should do a rad flush? ASAP..... shes got a little over 110000mls on the clock.... had loads of mods by previous owners (all professionally done it seems) no documentation on whether or not the timing belt has been done though either

Comment

For sure do a rad flush and refill with quality coolant at the right ratio. Also worth contacting the previous owne r to find out when the timing belt was done. Otherwise better do it , together with the idler and tensioner.

Cheers

PS: welcome!
                    Last edited by tashtego; 2 June 2017, 07:28.

Comment

Thanks for the response tashtego...... yeah i got some rad flush today so im gonna stick it in later and run it for a few hours then do the flush aswell as a service....
                      Unfortunately no paper trail to show the timing belt done or not so im gonna take the cover off and give it a look to see then im gonna change it sooner.... there is 188000Km on the clock, the timing belt light isnt on so im gonna cross my fingers and hope that its a good sign! lol

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
                        For sure do a rad flush and refill with quality coolant at the right ratio. Also worth contacting the previous owne r to find out when the timing belt was done. Otherwise better do it , together with the idler and tensioner.
                        Cheers
                        PS: welcome!
                        + Waterpump while ya in the area

16+ Years of Surfs, 9 years on Spotless she ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                          + Waterpump while ya in the area
                          .....and the crank and cam seals. While you have the harmonic balancer off check it's not starting to come apart and also use new keys on the crank. One for gear and one for the HB.

Nev.

Comment

Also worth servicing your viscous coupling.
                            The list gets longer........

Comment

Lol....... not a bad length of a list so far compared to my last disco and defender
                              Great advice so far men..... i had the whole lot apart earlier and the timing bet is as new, it appears the plunger, pulley and water pump have also already been done as its distinctively newer looking components compared to the surrounding stuff..... did a rad flush and replaced the filters and all associated fluids from the engine to the diffs including the automatic transmission so im now one step closer to getting comfortable with my truck..... i have however noticed that my oil pressure indicator sits just below the first line on idle and raises slightly over the first line whilst driving through Ballymena hey!!
                              I have to say that this truck turns more heads than any other vehicle iv ever owned..... loving the attention it gets!! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X