yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what these weird things are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what these weird things are?

I got these two things (see pics) with my receiver hitch from the U.S. and I have absolutely no idea what they are.

Just a long bit of wire coiled into a spring on one end. Nothing with the fitting instructions or accessories gives me a clue as to their use.

Anyone?
    Attached Files
    No longer a Surf owner.

They are spare flux capacitor recoil springs m8

Fish
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
      I got these two things (see pics) with my receiver hitch from the U.S. and I have absolutely no idea what they are.

Just a long bit of wire coiled into a spring on one end. Nothing with the fitting instructions or accessories gives me a clue as to their use.

Anyone?
      Flux capacitor discharge wires .
      Seriuos thought may be they go on the rear bumper corners as guide for reversing ? You sometimes get them on the front corners of imports .

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Its part of the WARP CORE ejection mechanism
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Its part of the WARP CORE ejection mechanism

look like paving slabs to me, best use is for foot paths or patios
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by codlord

Anyone?
            They are used for placing bolts thru otherwise inaccessable holes.
            Push the coiled end thru the hole in the chassis leg (which is to have a bolt to secure the towbar) untill it protrudes out the end of the rail. keeping hold of the narrow end, thread a bolt into the coiled end, drawing on the narrow end will then pull the bolt into place.

Hope that makes sense....
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
              They are used for placing bolts thru otherwise inaccessable holes.
              Push the coiled end thru the hole in the chassis leg (which is to have a bolt to secure the towbar) untill it protrudes out the end of the rail. keeping hold of the narrow end, thread a bolt into the coiled end, drawing on the narrow end will then pull the bolt into place.

Hope that makes sense....
              Hey, a sensible answer!

Yeah, that makes perfect sense, two of the bolts were really difficult to get to, unfortunately I did not know the use of those things then! Oh well, done it now but will keep the wotsits for future fiddly bolts!

See you learn something new every day on this forum (well maybe not EVERY day)...

Thanks
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
              X