New shocks & springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shocks & springs

I took a load of bricks and rubble to the tip yesterday (it wasn't a big load). The back end looked a bit low. I've been told I need new shocks and springs, front and rear, for the MOT in October.

So my question is this, what shocks & springs should I get, and where should I buy them from?

I won't be carrying bricks on a regular basis, I will be doing some green laning. I don't want to spend fortunes (so no Old Man Emu). I won't be lifting the car and I will be keeping these wheels.

I've read about Milner's shocks sagging after a while. So what do you recommend?

[/URL]
    Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

Hi, yes the original springs are quite thin and sag after a while. For a cheap and effective set up you need the roughtrax 20% uprated springs (not the longer ones unless you want to lift) and then you need some good quality shocks (either from RT or any other place, online etc) like Monroe, kyb, pedders, and the likes. Any shock that fits a Colorado will fit the 3rd gen surf.
    Cheers

Comment

Yea go for the RT 20% stronger ya won't (n shouldn't) have to replace em even if ya carrying loads of Bricks in ya Truck or Trailer.
      When I had mine fitted about 8 or 9 years ago everybody thought I have a lift n some still do, (I haven't) n 8/9 years on mine are still fine...
      As for shocks I went with Monroe ....
      Happy hunting & good luck with ya choice ...

16+ Years of Surfs .. Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

I've just ordered some RT +2" for the front and LC80 fronts for the rear, LC80 nitro gas rears for the rear and LC Colorado nitro gas fronts for the front and have fabed up some 10mm strut spacers to level things up. I want the lift to get my 33" tyres on though. There are plenty options out there I buy a lot of spares from KV International good prices and good quality stuff, never had any issues at all from their stuff.
        Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The consensus appears to be Rough Trax for 20% uprated springs and Monroe shocks from whoever has the best price.
          Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

Comment

Try KS international their +20% springs are cheaper honestly it's good stuff the spring kit I got for my Hilux pick up gave it a new lease of life much better ride. The only reason I didn't get my front lift springs from them is because they don't do them!
            Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Working...
            X