Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Bristol, looking for Surf advice to get ready for the Summer

Hello

I'm new here, new to Surfs and 4x4 - we have just got our first Hilux Surf, and hoping to not get stuck-in-the-mud (as much) this summer

we have a 1996, 3rd gen surf with the 3.0l diesel engine and automatic transmission......and it is back on the road again thanks to a great local garage

Anyhow, the Surf needs some work to get in shape for the summer, so I've been reading as much as possible on here and thought I'd join

Hoping to do some of the work ourselves such as basic service/maintenance, and have a few questions, but thought I'd say hello first
    paw-by-four

Well done for a great choice in new car! It isn't real till we have photographic evidence!
    Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Hello & thanks for the welcome

This is the shiny Surf.....in the sunshine

(I will have to work out how to post bigger photos )

very thankful that it is running again

Happy to have discovered Surfs and this forum

I was worried at first, lol! but despite the breakdown, it's hard not to love - and it's such an upgrade from our van!

will be getting started on the service/spa treatment next week, have just sent off for the workshop/owner manuals

I want to make sure all the filters, oils and fluids have been replaced.....then whatever else might need checking
      Attached Files
      paw-by-four

Comment

Working...
      X