newby with Surf 1996 3.0 auto SSR-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newby with Surf 1996 3.0 auto SSR-G

Hi. just purchased our 1st 4x4 which I came across while my wife's Skoda Octavia was in for repair at my mates garage. I needed a vehicle while ours was in dock. the only thing he had was the Surf which he's had for tow ins. got to say I fell in love straight away. The wife had a drive and she was the same. managed to get for £2k come with loads of service history. recent new tyres including spare. We like some of the extras including drop down reverse mirror and tailgate window opens. my mate fitted Zeon's headlight kit which is great. we hope to keep the surf for a few years. been driving for a week and not seen another on the road. are they like hens teeth ???

I guess they are getting scarcer, if I keep mine for another 50 years it may be worth more than the 3K I paid for the bugger 12 years ago, (trouble is i'll be about 120 by then and past caring, welcome aboard and post some pics of it,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...&commit=Search

Less with each year that passes, but still not in hensteeth or rocking horse droppings territory yet.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Hi n welcome
        Keep ya eyes open cos although there diminishing in numbers' give it time n ya may just be inundated all of a sudden !! (just like Buses, 2 along at once)
        FYI.
        With a 2nd Surf sitting on me drive I always see at least another one daily

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

My Gen3 lives in Bolton so not far from you really.

So why no photos?
          Last edited by The Boo Crew; 3 April 2017, 00:10.
          Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Not hens teeth yet, but decent ones are getting a lot harder to find!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes. Will post some pictures at weekend.

Comment

Hello, just joined the forum with our first Surf too

I did see another one yesterday, but it was outside of the toyota 4x4 parts place near us, so I imagine the odds increase around this part of the world - still was good to see one all done up

hoping it will last us a few years as well
                paw-by-four

Comment

Pictures as promised from newbie

Hi. managed to get some pictures done. had for a month now and really enjoying it. today I had the rear passenger doors and rear window tinted also a top tint on windscreen which looks great. there's a few rust marks on rear bumper which I will get repaired later in the year.

I'm looking for a centre cap for the spare wheel if anyone can point me in the right direction. any hints, tips and info from the forum for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gromit View Post
                    Hello, just joined the forum with our first Surf too

I did see another one yesterday, but it was outside of the toyota 4x4 parts place near us, so I imagine the odds increase around this part of the world - still was good to see one all done up

hoping it will last us a few years as well
                    from a newbie to a newbie welcome to the forum

Comment

Thats a nice colour, very smart looking Surf
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysen View Post
                        Hi. managed to get some pictures done. had for a month now and really enjoying it. today I had the rear passenger doors and rear window tinted also a top tint on windscreen which looks great. there's a few rust marks on rear bumper which I will get repaired later in the year.

I'm looking for a centre cap for the spare wheel if anyone can point me in the right direction. any hints, tips and info from the forum for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
                        ebay!
                        Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

cheers
                          Better to get a cover for the spare, my mind may be playing tricks here, but Im not sure you can fit a centre cap when the wheel is mounted on the carrier.
                          Сви можемо

Comment

I'm looking for a center cap for the spare wheel if anyone can point me in the right direction. any hints, tips and info from the forum for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
                            got one!
                            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                              Better to get a cover for the spare, my mind may be playing tricks here, but Im not sure you can fit a centre cap when the wheel is mounted on the carrier.
                              Yes, the cap probably wouldn't fit due to the mount the spare sits on. Also, if you don't have a wheel cover it will be pinched in no time , those caps are expensive. If you have a wheel cover you can't see that it's missing. So win-win, keep it at home and use it when some scrote nicks one of the other 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X