Rear heater – suprise!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear heater – suprise!!

So I’ve been lurking on here for far too long.....and I can’t praise this site enough.

I thought I’d just share this with you.
    I’ve had my '98 3.0 SSR-V surf for nearly 3 years now. Shortly after I bought it I noticed the rear heater control slider was broken. (First pic)

No big deal, I’ll get around to fixing it, I thought to myself.

So, yesterday I popped off the cover to see what’s up and found.......

....... absolutely nothing....except a lovely green air freshener. (2nd pic)

I guess either ’98 SSR-V’s don’t come with a rear heater or someone’s nicked it.
    We’ll at least there’s nothing to fix!

Has anyone else got an empty space where they expected to find the rear heater?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hayadooin; 21 March 2017, 12:21.

Originally posted by Hayadooin View Post
    So I’ve been lurking on here for far too long.....and I can’t praise this site enough.

I thought I’d just share this with you.
    I’ve had my '98 3.0 SSR-V surf for nearly 3 years now. Shortly after I bought it I noticed the rear heater control slider was broken. (First pic)

No big deal, I’ll get around to fixing it, I thought to myself.

So, yesterday I popped off the cover to see what’s up and found.......

....... absolutely nothing....except a lovely green air freshener. (2nd pic)

I guess either ’98 SSR-V’s don’t come with a rear heater or someone’s nicked it.
    We’ll at least there’s nothing to fix!

Has anyone else got an empty space where they expected to find the rear heater?
    Fair exchange is no robbery it should definatly have a heater matrix and blower in there, mine you if there all like mine it was bl00dy useless anyway, I get more heat comeing up the hole where the pipes use to be than I ever did from the heater, having got rid of the heater some time ago I now would like another and fit a small 12v pump in the line,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Welcome !
      That's interesting, you could check if the rear heater pipes have been removed too. People often remove them as they corrode and leak out coolant, which can go unnoticed until it's too late . They are two parallel steel pipes that run from the driver side of the engine bay down to the undercarriage all the way to where you rear heater is ( or in your case is not !).
      Cheers

Comment

Hmmm, curious...

Thanks both,
        I'll take a look underneath for the pipes over the weekend.....weather permitting

Comment

Oh! By the way! .......does anyone on here recognise their handiwork?

Got to be at least 3 years ago

Comment

My SSRX Didn't have one.

Perfect spot for a an amp!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

If I remember rightly a bass speaker fits well in there
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
              X