Refilling Coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refilling Coolant

I'm going to flush and refill the coolant in my 3rd Gen.
    First off and am right in thinking that with a rear heater the coolant capacity is eleven litres?
    Is there any advantage to using the Toyota ready mixed red coolant over the Comma Super 5 Year Longlife Red Concentrate Coolant & Antifreeze that has to be diluted?
    There is a considerable saving if I use the Comma but if it's not as good it's a false saving.

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen View Post
    I'm going to flush and refill the coolant in my 3rd Gen.
    First off and am right in thinking that with a rear heater the coolant capacity is eleven litres?
    Is there any advantage to using the Toyota ready mixed red coolant over the Comma Super 5 Year Longlife Red Concentrate Coolant & Antifreeze that has to be diluted?
    There is a considerable saving if I use the Comma but if it's not as good it's a false saving.
    Mine has the rear heaters and still takes 10 litres. The Comma will be just as good , make sure you stick to the recommended dilution ratio. Make sure you put your heaters controls on max hot, both front and rear, when you flush and refill.
    Cheers
    Last edited by tashtego; 13 March 2017, 14:48.

Comment

Thanks for that Tashtego.

Comment

And keep an eye on the coolant level for a few weeks my gen 3 took age to burp itself.
        Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Working...
        X