Garage more room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage more room

Been busy knocking down some of the wall between the garage and the shed (brick) that I build many years back, it did have quite a good opening but I always had to struggle to get out the truck as the door hit the wall, now I can throw open the drivers door with gay abandon and get out (and in ) without breathing in just doing up the shed bit now and giving it a lighter colour from that bl00dy orange/brown, new bench to be fitted to give me a better work bench,

I did have a shock tho, last time I went to the amenity tip you could dump rubble in the skip free, now the ba$tards want £2.50 per small tub, those one you can get at B&Q's for 4 quid, (prob hold about 8 bricks) we ended up with a skip for £180, still cheaper than the soddin councils "amenity tip" about as amenity as my arse! and they wonder why fly tipping is rife???

(Effin RSJ weighed a bit, I nearly broke out in a sweat just looking at it
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Looking good Ian, if you keep this up you can come do mine for me

Comment

Thats a cracking workspace Ian. Our tip is still free though you need to make an appointment if you want to bring a van or trailer. Wonder how long it will stay free? Doesnt stop eejits still flybtipping tho.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Cheer's Alex/Andy, workspace should look a bit better once I get the benches done, less clutter, I am surprised your tip is still free Alex, your council's slipping, I don't get their logic (our council) I would have thought that hard-core stuff like brick rubble was ideal for landfill, their currently tipping at a place called Tipner here in Portsmouth, used to be Harry Pounds yard and the dog track, & partly Tipner creek mudflats, yet they charge for rubble! and wood and shoit is free, they also charge a fiver for a sink (not sure if that's a porcelain one or steel, you cant put owt in the bins at home or you get fined (they caught someone round here dumping a mattress and he got fined £200)
        if you cant get to the tip the council charge £25 per item to collect it (a 3 piece suite would cost ya £75)
        so the only option is a skip and they aint cheap, were getting more and more crap dumped round here, old cladding a few door up from me, a door across the green, oh well rant over, perhaps we should go and dump it outside the council offices see how thye like it

Comment

dew dew popeye
          you got more junk than me
          i didnt think it was poss
          lokks good tho
          the old git

Comment

Our council charge as well, £2 a bag for rubble and plaster board, as well as £2 a bag for soil. I recently took about 8 bags of soil to my local, asked where the soil should go and was directed to the relevant skip to tip it into by a member of the staff.
            Went back with a second load and all was ok. The third time I went with the last couple of bags, I was informed that it was £2 per bag. I just brought the last bags home and put them back on the garden

Comment

It is a rip off, you try and do the right thing and the bstds shaft you, I was going to stick a couple of bricks in a carrier bag at a time and stick em in the bottom of the wheelie bin but with fortnightly collection it would have taken me about 2 years, plus if they catch on it's a fine
              You were lucky to manage to dump as much as you did,

Comment

Plenty space now! Our local tip is still free
                Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  It is a rip off, you try and do the right thing and the bstds shaft you, I was going to stick a couple of bricks in a carrier bag at a time and stick em in the bottom of the wheelie bin but with fortnightly collection it would have taken me about 2 years, plus if they catch on it's a fine
                  You were lucky to manage to dump as much as you did,
                  lol, I might have put a bag in the rubbish bin, inbetween the normal everyday stuff, now and then. It works well.

Comment

A few years ago after doing me Disc pads I boxed up the old en's n off to the Tip I went only to find a queue of at least 250 yards long (I wasn't aware at the time it was for the Tip) so I carried on past the entrance n pulled up on the verge.
                    As I was attempting to get out of the Truck a fella walked up n told me "I can't walk in to dump rubbish" (for those that don't know I'm permanently on 2 walking sticks) "you'd have to join the queue" he said, "What the FCUK, what dimwit thought this up" I said. He said "I'm sorry Sir but you must join the queue to dump !! "So ya really want me to dump it in the lanes is what ya saying" I said.
                    So back off home n dumped em in me Rubbish Bin ... Sorted !!

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! now 2 surfs again ..
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                      A few years ago after doing me Disc pads I boxed up the old en's n off to the Tip I went only to find a queue of at least 250 yards long (I wasn't aware at the time it was for the Tip) so I carried on past the entrance n pulled up on the verge.
                      As I was attempting to get out of the Truck a fella walked up n told me "I can't walk in to dump rubbish" (for those that don't know I'm permanently on 2 walking sticks) "you'd have to join the queue" he said, "What the FCUK, what dimwit thought this up" I said. He said "I'm sorry Sir but you must join the queue to dump !! "So ya really want me to dump it in the lanes is what ya saying" I said.
                      So back off home n dumped em in me Rubbish Bin ... Sorted !!

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! now 2 surfs again ..
                      Yeah Jess you were up against the typical "jobs worth" theres never a shortage of ar$eholes ready to $hit on a fellow human being,
                      How about this one? Late last year my wife had her pre-operation assessment appointment, it was on a Saturday morning at 8.15 am, Queen Alexandra hospital, I parked in the nearest disabled bay along the north entrance (which is usually chocka at normal times), however at 8.00am I was the only car there, my wife set the time on her blue badge and put it in the screen, I went and got a parking ticket (£1.80 for disabled parking) and put it in the drivers door glass, easily seen, we had the assessment, came out got in and drove home, the whole thing took less than 45mins,
                      A month and a week later we get a PNC demand for £100! on the demand it states the appeal time has expired (apparently you get a month to appeal it)
                      after several phone calls I got hold of some c##t who sent me a photo of my truck with a very blurred image of something yellow on the front screen, , dispite me insisting there was no PNC notice attached to my truck when we returned to it and that I actually did have a valid parking ticket, it was no use,
                      my word against theirs, so we paid up, what I reccon is these parking "officers" are told to "do as many as you can" so this bstd placed a blank PNC on the screen, toof a blurred pic, then removed it, in the small print on the tickets and on the notice on the wall by the machine it says place this way up in your windscreen, so technically I had mine in the wrong place by putting it in the door glass, he had to have seen it as he would have to have passed it when going to the front screen as I was parked ass in to the kerb,
                      that's got to top the "jobs worth, $hit on thy neighbour" Guinness book of duschbaggery eh? (or perhaps it was the traffic warden who stuck a ticket on a crashed motor cycle while the rider was laying in the road

Comment

Too true today Ian (carpeting everyone/everything) too much PC n no room for Commonsense these days
                        BTW. That's a fine garage ya have Ian, mine is a shed in comparison !!

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! No 2 Surfs again ..
                        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 11 March 2017, 10:05.
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

There is an argument for not paying those private fines, versus the proper type.

Comment

Originally posted by Loobs View Post
                            There is an argument for not paying those private fines, versus the proper type.
                            Believe it or not Paul there's a website regarding the QA hospital parking by disgruntled victims, and an appeals one for the same private co that runs it, apparently only about 5-8% of appeals are successful, at first I thought F##k em I am not paying that, but after cooling down I realised that basically it's my word against theirs, and also it may have cost us more than the £100 in the long run, if there had of been a PNC notice attached to the truck I would have kept the parking ticket and made an appeal right away, trouble is not even knowing they had done it till it was too late!
                            The only other possibility is that the driver of the only other car parked there when we came out took the PNC or some passer by took it, both these possibility's are in my view non runners as the place was deserted and why on earth would another driver take it?
                            no mate I believe the parking guy saw an opportunity to do me and took it, I think im right in saying these PNC's are actually stuck to the screen? so you cant give the excuse that it "blew off", put it down to experience, I now keep the tickets and take a photo of it in the truck at the time,
                            thanks for the comment on the garage Jess, it'll look more roomy when I got it finished

Comment

Hey there, i need some help with building my own garage, looks like you have enough experience, I have a plan to drive all across the UK on a Hilux which I want to upgrade by myself in my garage that I also want to build by myself in my backyard. The whole process should take around 6 months, i already ordered the aluminum parts from http://localshedsolutions.com.au/ for the garage and the surfing tools for the Hilux, i’ll have some help from my friend with installing parts because he’s a mechanics, i’m asking your help about the tools and utilities that i should have in my garage please.
                              Last edited by Christinois; 10 September 2020, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X