Brake Calipers (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Calipers (again)

Rough Trax seem to be out of stock of the Advics brake calipers for the 3rd gen Surf and can't give me a lead time on when they will be in. Has anyone got info on where I can buy them from another source?

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen View Post
    Rough Trax seem to be out of stock of the Advics brake calipers for the 3rd gen Surf and can't give me a lead time on when they will be in. Has anyone got info on where I can buy them from another source?
    Hello Mate got mine form Euro Car Parts.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/brake-caliper
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks for that Colin. The price of those does not look much different from RoughTrax so they might be worth a punt.

Is it true that even callipers listed as new are probably reconditioned? If so at least Euro Car Parts are being honest about it.

Comment

Yes mate they are recon but good quality, if you return the old one to them you get the surcharge back , they then recon the old ones.

Easy to fit and bleed as well. i would fit new pads as well
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Fitting new pads and discs. Applying brakes at the moment feels like driving over washboard/rumblestrip. Definitely got a sticking caliper and I'm pretty sure a a warped disc as well. Can't really moan if this is the biggest expense after ten years of ownership though.

Comment

So am I better off getting the aftermarket calipers from RoughTrax or the reconditioned originals from Euro Car Parts?

Comment

Working...
            X