No announcement yet.

How Many Surfs At Your Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 people at our garage 3 own Surf's and l own the rest "9" thats not counting the one's l have dotted round here and there
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
      Can any one beat this?

We have 4 Surfs at our Company (Neg-Micon).

Paul
      i had to goto my wifes work today (air new zealand engineering where they repair jet engines) as both batteries finally died in her surf. on the way out i counted the surfs in the car park: of approx 200 cars 12 were surfs, can you beat that!
      jim.b.

1990 SSR LTD 2LTE auto
      1985 SR V8 4.4 litre manual

Comment

I am self employed but like the Surf so much I am thinking of binning the Fiat van that leaks everything all the time and buying a second surf for work. It will save the arguments with the wife in the mornings over who gets the Surf! (not going to mention I want a 3ltr this time!!)

Phil.

Comment

Two At My Works

I've got one. I've got one.

U can find it at westbury homes, west cowes
          SMUGG MODE...
          92 SURF SSRX
          xcuse mi spilling kan't phinda dictonnairy

Comment

About 1000 cars at work and I got the only Surf,
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

100% Surf attendance at mine!!!

(I work alone)

Comment

We have 2 Surfs owned by employees and 3 owned by the company but during the coming financial year all nine company Toyotas (the 3 Surfs, 3 Land Cruisers & 2 Hiace vans) will be sold off and replaced by Mercedes. This is purely due to Mercedes having the best dealer network in the UK and Toyota having one of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
                  We have 2 Surfs owned by employees and 3 owned by the company but during the coming financial year all nine company Toyotas (the 3 Surfs, 3 Land Cruisers & 2 Hiace vans) will be sold off and replaced by Mercedes. This is purely due to Mercedes having the best dealer network in the UK and Toyota having one of the worst.
                  Have to agree with that about Mercedes dealers, my wife has an A190 and I can't fault the dealers - they even make you feel like you actually matter which is a bit of a shock.

Cheers

Comment

no surfs... but there is an L200 knocking about...
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      Have to agree with that about Mercedes dealers, my wife has an A190 and I can't fault the dealers - they even make you feel like you actually matter which is a bit of a shock.

Cheers
                      YES well lets face it if you are spending alot of time at the Mercedes dealership they will make you feel like you "MATTER" your paying there wages.
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                        YES well lets face it if you are spending alot of time at the Mercedes dealership they will make you feel like you "MATTER" your paying there wages.
                        Yep you're right there, can't say I do spend a lot of time there but when it does come round to service time, then the labour rates are no worse than anywhere else but the service you get is a lot better than your average.

It's a pity that other dealers (Ford, Toyota, Rover) don't realise that you are the customer and are paying the wages and their profits. Thet tend to act like they are doing you a favour rather than the other way round.

Comment

Only one Surf at our place and that's mine. Also one L/R Defender and 3 vans. But I do see 3 surfs on my way to work in the morning and that's only 1 mile away !!!

Comment

" YES well lets face it if you are spending alot of time at the Mercedes dealership they will make you feel like you "MATTER" your paying there wages."

This doesn't have anything to do with how nice the dealership is. Most people want their vehicle fixed in the shortest possible time and for the least amount of money; the charm of the dealer's staff and the luxurious customer waiting area don't actually matter if you don't have to use them.

I hardly ever go to the Merc dealer that we use in person. I don't have to because if we phone them before half nine in the morning and quote a chassis number, the parts we need will be delivered by mid-day. They do 2 deliveries a day and 90%+ of the parts we order are in stock AND very reasonably priced. When they're not in stock we usually get them within 24 hours. I also get 15% discount on everything I buy from Mercedes from an air filter to a new vehicle and full technical backup including authorised copies of their EPC and diagnostic software as and when I need them.

You have to contrast this with Toyota's nil stock, delivery dates that they almost never meet, endless phone calls needed to chase up parts, refusal to deliver to us because we are just retail customers not trade, and an occassional 5% discount when you query the invoice. And yes Jemca have a great customer waiting area and they make great coffee too.... I've wasted quite a few hours there in the last couple of months and in the end they still didnt offer any contribution towards the £4000+ bill for rebuilding my engine or even a plausible reason why an engine that had only travelled 77,000Km needed to be replaced.

Comment

?????

Just goes to show dangle a carrot and some one will always rise to the bait.
                              Live Life To The Full

Comment

i used to run sprinters... nice motor, but mercedes dealer i used was rubbish!... just to even the balance!
                                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                                X