Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi folks, first post here. Firstly, I'm not mechanical or electrically minded, so and help is appreciated.

I have a 3.0 diesel surf, auto. A few weeks ago it wouldn't kick up into overdrive. I parked it at home and next time I drive it, it seemed fine, for the next couple of weeks.
    Now it won't shift up into OD on a regular basis. I have an inkling it's something electrical, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Rob

Originally posted by RobAyrshire View Post
    Hi folks, first post here. Firstly, I'm not mechanical or electrically minded, so and help is appreciated.

I have a 3.0 diesel surf, auto. A few weeks ago it wouldn't kick up into overdrive. I parked it at home and next time I drive it, it seemed fine, for the next couple of weeks.
    Now it won't shift up into OD on a regular basis. I have an inkling it's something electrical, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Rob
    Hi n welcome Rob, I'm not electrically minded either, so I would 1st check Ya ATF level on the dipstick after first warming up ya Truck. Checking it HOT is recommended and level is critical !! 2nd check the colour of ya ATF (should be a Red wine colour) n go by feel also (between ya fingers).
    FYI.
    It's possible to drain 5 litres from the Autobox sump and replace it should any of 2nd check symptoms arise, cheap n easy fix if it works ..
    Good Luck

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! Now 2 Surfs again
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

If you still don't get overdrive after you have done the checks mentioned above (and maybe replaced the 5L of atf), then search on here how to pull the OD codes from the diagnostic port. It might be something electrical as you say, like one of the auto box solenoids.
      Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X