Front wing fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wing fitting

Have seen a couple of threads and it appears straight forward , but is it that easy??? Another worry is that the wings I have sourced are of a 95 plate and mines a 93, and it doesn't have that little mirror on left wing.

Regards Nick

Easy job if you are patient. The wing you have bought is possibly for UK 4Runner but should fit. 4Runner never had the kerb mirror fitted. Put masking tape down the edge of the door to prevent scratches on removal and fitting of the wing. Remove the wheel arch extension, wing liner and mud flap, you may break the clips as they harden and perish over the years. You may need to remove bumper , can not remember. Also remove indicator and side repeater lamp. And headlight if needed. There are 2 bolts behind the door edge one at top and one at bottom (if I remember correctly) the rest of bolts should be visible along bonnet edge of wing and 1 inside front edge of wing. Once you have the old wing off the refit is the same except once you have the wing on leave the bolts loose, remove the tape and align the wing with the door edge and bonnet edge. Then tighten bolts and refit the removed items. Hope that helps. Also remove aerial before removing wing.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers you have made me feel a bit better

Comment

Working...
      X