Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body mount bushing, inner metal tube

Hi all,
    To cut a long story short - i let a mate fit a 1.5" body lift on my Gen3 truck (i know, i know, i didn't have time...) - he's completely ballsed it up, nothing i can't put right, but needless to say i'm now looking for some replacement metal tubes that go in the body mount bushes.
    I am assuming the bushes need the tubes in for stability & strength? Or can i just ditch what's left of them
    Thanks
    James

I think it's best to refit them, if you have any of the originals I'd get some tubeand cut to length and ream out to fit, I replaces some of mine this way and no problems,
    how the hell did he f##k it up? wot did he do
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

didn't follow my instructions! Took out the top 1" rubber bushes & replaced them with the 1.5" spacer. When the crush tube sticking up out of the lower bush fouled on the spacer, he ground it in half!!!!!!!

I've micced up the bit i had and ordered a length of this, it looks spot on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2222459640...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

yeah, that's ideal,mate. spec looks good.

Comment

Just for anyone reading this in years to come!!! The rolled tube was perfect for the job & considerably cheaper than Mr T

Comment

Looking at some of their other stuff that's a very handy site, trust the body lift is going well? don't forget all three joints on the steering column (slacken and even em out after the lift is done, watch the hi-lo shift lever on the tunnel metal, and the fuel filler rubber hose again slacked and even out.
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X