Hi from Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Thailand

I have a 'Mighty X' - think its pretty much a Hilux of some sort...

I have a couple of questions that I'll post in the relevant sections once my posting status allows!

By the way, Hilux parts (for the old models anyway) seem really cheap here (compared to Europe) and my local parts guy seems to have a complete set of everything to build one from the ground up...

Originally posted by scriv123 View Post

I have a couple of questions that I'll post in the relevant sections once my posting status allows!

By the way, Hilux parts (for the old models anyway) seem really cheap here (compared to Europe) and my local parts guy seems to have a complete set of everything to build one from the ground up...
    welcome buddy
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

welcome, any pics of it?
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Hi Scriv and welcome, can you ship stuff here if it cheap? (like women! long as they are women)
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by scriv123 View Post

a quick google shows that the mighty X is a 90's hilux. most of the pics seam to be single or extra cab 2wd versions.

you will probably get better info on the hliux forums than on the surf forums.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            Hi Scriv and welcome, can you ship stuff here if it cheap? (like women! long as they are women)
            hahaha!!!
            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Thanks all for the replies, not sure what the costs of shipping parts from here would be or import duty implications your end... but if you need a part I can try and find the shop price here.

On shipping a woman. For surf owners, probably better I find you a ladyboy; usually better looking than the real thing and could fix your truck as well!

I cant find how to post images.? My user CP does not have 'albums' or allow me to add attachments. Maybe because I'm new?

Comment

Ladyboys eh! nudge nudge wink wink, are you speaking from experience?
                guess you cant tell till you get down to business
                anyway also guess it'd be cheaper to buy from roughtrax when you take into account the shipping and the dreaded "VAT" when the parts hit our shores

as far as I know you are not excluded from posting pics because your new here, when you make a post next time scroll down till you come to manage attachments (you should have this function) click that and you can load pics from the files on your pc or phone etc just click on it then select the album you want, click on the pic you want and click "open" then click "load" or "upload" (cant remember which it is and the pic's will be added to the post when you click on "submit" have a mess about with it, cheer's, ian

Comment

Couple of pics of the Mighty X ! Woke up one morning to find a Buddhist monk in it, not stealing the stereo but 'blessing' the truck. He did however eat my bag of M&M's that were i the cab....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding mate, ahah we don't get too many monks of any sort breaking into vehicles here, vicars either, are you sure he didn't get in for a pi$$ and just told you it was blessed water when you caught him?
                    their buggers for the M&M's those monks

se you mastered the pics then, nice old pick-up, as said you may well find more info on the Hilux site but there are many similarity's with the Surf

Comment

lol, I asked the monk what the 'blessing' actually did.. Perhaps it was instead of needing RAC or AA cover, would keep me safe etc.. No, it basically means that any people or animals that I kill while in the truck get their passage assisted into the afterlife (having been dispatched by a blessed object) So it's a bit like having a 'frequent flyer' card at the airport, you get the posh lounge and go to the front of the boarding queue!

I plumped for the surf forums rather than the Hilux as the Hilux guys all LIKE rattling noises and bumpy rides, I'm much more armchair, just like a surf owner...

Comment

Blessed!

Thanks all for the replies, some useful stuff coming in!
                        Last edited by scriv123; 17 August 2016, 11:43. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                        X