world of bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world of bumpers

has anyone ordered from these guys recently? I have order 3 bumpers from them over 5 weeks ago and now cannot get hold of them. Their eBay page has also been wiped of product information.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Hey Colin have ya seen this "World of Bumpers"
    Good Luck

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

What is it jess I cannot open anything
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

OOps sorry mate, this post http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84446

& Here https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...8JIkxTD3d2ogpA

This may help too....
        https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p...s&fr=yfp-t-421

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 5 August 2016, 20:06.
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Wondered if you got anywhere with World of bumpers? I was going to order one for my newest surf but his adds have gone from e bay??

Comment

Originally posted by andicog View Post
            Wondered if you got anywhere with World of bumpers? I was going to order one for my newest surf but his adds have gone from e bay??
            Hi mate. I spoke to them last week and it seems that they are just really busy with a couple of guys on holiday. I have been told that my bumpers will be delivered today. Here is hoping.
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Ah that's great news, hope they arrive safe, don't forget the pictures! Hopefully I'll be ordering next week, did you buy the winch as well?

Comment

well as promised the guys from world of bumpers delivered on time today. Looks good so far. I have one question with regards to the indicators. it appears that you have to mark and drill the holes for mounting them, what fixings did the others use? and did you guys have any problems fitting the bumper as a whole?
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi, The one I fitted had holes drilled for indicators although they were too small and obviously not square so wouldn't take the nylon inserts for the indicator screws, I put the insert behind the bracket using it as a nut, not ideal and I must sort it properly.
                  What's the finish like on yours? Smooth or does it look like fine wet and dry? Sure mine isn't powder coated.

Comment

Originally posted by andicog View Post
                    Hi, The one I fitted had holes drilled for indicators although they were too small and obviously not square so wouldn't take the nylon inserts for the indicator screws, I put the insert behind the bracket using it as a nut, not ideal and I must sort it properly.
                    What's the finish like on yours? Smooth or does it look like fine wet and dry? Sure mine isn't powder coated.
                    Sorry for the late reply. The finish is really good to be fair. Bit disappointed that i have to start drilling it after its been coated, but needs must. Where did you mount your number plate?
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I know, it's not on having to drill or mess around with something that's made to fit. I haven't mounted front plate yet, was thinking of a sticky one across the front of bonnet.

Comment

So an update on this. Went to fit the bumper and it does not fit at all, they were told i have a 40mm body lift and the holes are out by about 20mm. My son and his mate also bought a bumper each for their suzuki Jimnys both bumper do not fit, the geometry is way out. Both bumper look different.

The jimny bumpers both come with a seperate section for rad protection, there are no pre drilled holes in these so we have no idea where they fit on the cars I think it is poor show that we have to drill a powder coated unit. Not even sure my drill is man enough to get through the steel.

The powder coating is coming off and is poor.

I have to say i am really disappointed. I have left phone messages bt had no response and have now emailed them.

I will keep you updated.
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                          So an update on this. Went to fit the bumper and it does not fit at all, they were told i have a 40mm body lift and the holes are out by about 20mm. My son and his mate also bought a bumper each for their suzuki Jimnys both bumper do not fit, the geometry is way out. Both bumper look different.

The jimny bumpers both come with a seperate section for rad protection, there are no pre drilled holes in these so we have no idea where they fit on the cars I think it is poor show that we have to drill a powder coated unit. Not even sure my drill is man enough to get through the steel.

The powder coating is coming off and is poor.

I have to say i am really disappointed. I have left phone messages bt had no response and have now emailed them.

I will keep you updated.

That's a pretty s**t service you've got there Colin, I can see a pattern emerging with WOB's bumpers, they won't last with reviews like this

Hope you can come to a resolution easily

Alex
                          Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Just as an update to this my W O B winch bumper now resembles a lump of rusty scrap, as suspected it isn't powder coated and the whole bumper is covered in dark red rust, pure crap.

Comment

interesting have you contacted them
                              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X