3ltr injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ltr injectors

Might be looking for a set of injectors for my 2nd gen 3ltr surf if anyone has any for sale , thanks

Hi Colin, as you recently got your surf I just wanted to ask, have you given it a good servicing? if not I recommend you do, a thorough going over, oils, filters, pay particular attention to giving the cooling system a thorough flushing especially all the small pipes and the heater, search on here for "burping" the system when you fill up again,
    As for the injectors you'll be lucky if you manage to get some from a scrapper and even then it may be false economy as they might be worse than the ones you have, as a start I'd try adding a pint of auto trans fluid to the fuel tank for a few months, it worked for me as my truck was painfully slow from the get go and acceleration, I put atf and redex in for several weeks and it made a difference, (other mods made it much better but that's for future "to do" maybe), there are firms that will do re-con injectors like diesel bob etc, aint cheap though
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks Popeye , I am booking it in for a service next week , my injectors might be OK its just a bit smokey when starting and also when I hit the throttle , it goes pretty fast when flooring it , just seems like it wants to stall at times , maybe a good clean out will do it good

Comment

Just got some from diesel bob cost £309.60 which includes a surcharge of £90.00 which you get back when you send the old ones back. The difference its made it amazing.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

What symptoms were you getting before you replaced them

Comment

Originally posted by Big dog View Post
            Thanks Popeye , I am booking it in for a service next week , my injectors might be OK its just a bit smokey when starting and also when I hit the throttle , it goes pretty fast when flooring it , just seems like it wants to stall at times , maybe a good clean out will do it good
            Isit trying to stall when idling cold? And when u put ur foot down does it have a split second hesitation?
            Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Yeah sounds like mine , when it starts if I don't touch the throttle it sounds like it wants to cut out

Comment

Yeah sounds like mine , when it starts if I don't touch the throttle it sounds like it wants to cut out
                With mine I jus cleaned up the throttle body and intake plenum with carb cleaner took it off and proper got in there and hey presto no more shit idle

Comment

Try this stuff for a deep clean https://reviveturbocleaner.com/index...wQbxoCVi3w_wcB

Comment

Sounds complicated to me

Comment

Sounds complicated to me
                      Yea that's why I suggest the revive product if ur not mechanically minded lol

Comment

Working...
                      X