Show me your dashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your dashes

last MOT th man said I'd need to remove the overhead console as it sat below the top of the windscreen, so I have spent the last couple of mornings ripping ot out along with the dash (as there is a lot of stuff I fitted there which I never use like a chinese telly, freeview box, CB radio (never had a big 10/4 since I got the fecker), ) I'd like to do summat radicle rebuilding the dash and like to know if anyone else has done out like it,
    meanwhile i'll google some images if there are any, ???
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

just the standard white dial and blue LED upgrade on mine, to match the heater control you did for me,Ian.
    am thinking about putting an LS400 dash in though,or the old toyota soarer, with the LED dash.

Comment

Yeah I'd like to do that "Soarer" dash mod, remember Vince doing it but a bit beyond me, I'd like to make a more curved centre dash, so all switches and controls are within easy reach from the steering wheel, I can do it but the shift may be a problem and the hi/lo lever even more so as it connects directly to the trans,
      I'll have a better idea when I strip out the centre console shrouds,
      Just wondering to what extreme's others have gone (it's going to have to be cheap tho, real DIY

Comment

I wouldn't have removed the overhead console on the advise of an mot guy!

Comment

Normally I'd agree but I take it to the same guy year after year so some trust has built up, he'll let little things go as he knows I will do them and I look after the truck, anyway it did sit below the top edge quite a bit and I guess I'm using it as an excuse to gut the dash and start again,
          I pit so much useless cr@p in I have forgotten what some of the switches do so quite a lots coming out, going minimalistic, (well perhaps not quite

Comment

Wasn't having a dig, lol. I also have a friendly MOT guy, so know what you mean

Comment

these dashes are good

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Very nice Nige but I'm looking for summat a bit more curvy

Comment

Working...
                X