KZN185 Rear axle shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN185 Rear axle shafts

Does anyone know of a supplier of new rear axle shafts, ideally in the UK?
    I have owned my surf for 10 years and the most annoying problem I have with my otherwise bullet proof surf, is the constant leak of diff oil into the rear brakes. I have changed the rear seals & bearings twice but the leak persists.
    I have tried all the usual suppliers in the UK, ' roughtrax 4x4, milner off road etc.
    Breakers yards are charging £160 per side for sold as seen on eBay........... I shudder to think how much Toyota dealers would charge, even if they stock them?????

Have you checked that the axle breather is not blocked?

Comment

Originally posted by red barron View Post
      Have you checked that the axle breather is not blocked?
      That will be the most common cause. But it will also mean the axle seals will need replacing again.
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Use genuine Toyota seals.
        Replace the spacer that the seal seals against (I also use Toyota), and make sure it is positioned correctly.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Hi all,
          Thanks for the reply. I changed the diff breather when I 1st noticed diff oil on the rear brakes years ago, I've owned my surf for 10 years, No, the problem is, out of tolerance & cutting disc damaged axle shafts.
          The damage was inflicted by myself after following the advice to cut off the bearing retainer bushes using a cutting disc........ Actually not necessary. A decent bench vice & a long pry bar are all you need to remove the abs ring and bushes.
          The only fix is new axle shafts. Are they dealer only parts???
          Many thanks.
          Don.

Comment

You could always get used, but you never know that they re better than yours until you see them.

I have one side left, but its all assembled with the hub/backing plate and postage will be a pain so its collection only, so not mush used for you I'm afraid.

Use it as an excuse to fit a landcruiser Colorado rear axle, and gain disk brakes!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Something weird happening when I Google axle part numbers. They come up as wheel bearings. Part number is 90363-40068 for the axles.

Nev.

Comment

ok, here's an old part number. 42311-35220. This comes up as axle shafts. Google that number.

Nev.

Comment

These may be a discontinued part so sourcing new may be a problem. The US Toyota Tacoma had the same axles from about 1995 to 2004. Also the 4Runner from about 1995 to 2002.

Nev.

Comment

Working...
                  X