suspension lift 89/90 surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension lift 89/90 surf

seen it somewhere a long while ago that i could get 2ish inch lift by using landcruiser rear springs and adjusting front torsion bars,anyone no if this is right or am i imagining things again

Yes I think your right, torsion bars definitely as mine are jacked up, I think there's one more component involved with the springs, some sort of spacer, but I may be wrong (it has been known)

I'm sure a veteran will be here soon to give you a solid yes lol
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Speaking as a veteran and a tax payer yup! LC springs (I got from Milner) will fit on a Surf, BUT you will need the alloy or hard nylon top seating or the springs pop out of line and hit the damper/shock absorber, (found that out the hard way), I managed on my todd but with someone and a length of 4x2 you can drop the olduns out and wangle the new ones in , body jacked right up with the axel hanging an the shocks disconnected, I didn't do the torsion bars so mine has a drooping front end but not too bad as I did a body and sus lift, 5" on the back and 4" on the front,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Speaking as a veteran and a tax payer yup! LC springs (I got from Milner) will fit on a Surf, BUT you will need the alloy or hard nylon top seating or the springs pop out of line and hit the damper/shock absorber, (found that out the hard way), I managed on my todd but with someone and a length of 4x2 you can drop the olduns out and wangle the new ones in , body jacked right up with the axel hanging an the shocks disconnected, I didn't do the torsion bars so mine has a drooping front end but not too bad as I did a body and sus lift, 5" on the back and 4" on the front,
        As Ian says above (Similar) I fitted 20% Milners Rear springs (about 1" of Lift)
        If ya have an underslung spare you can use that as a Jacking point, with a rear wheel on the ground (underneath ya spare) with a plank on top of the floor wheel/tyre ya Surf jack will be suffient, a plank of wood on top of ya Jack up against ya underslung spare n ya can Jack as much as ya need n wiggle ya old springs out, I used a Scaffold pole for prying all on me jack jones too.. Ian
        Wind up ya Torsion bars n away ya go..

15+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

appreciate the replies,will give it a go,thanks andy

Comment

Working...
          X