Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had to force open fuel flap open

hi guy and gals
    for some reason my fuel flap wouldn't open today ( 3rd gen ), no matter how many time i was pulling the flap release,in the end had to get screwdriver and force it open and have now damaged the lock ( plastic bit snapped ) has this happened to you and whats the fixing procedure ?

advice appreciate

Originally posted by Arkamelis View Post
    hi guy and gals
    for some reason my fuel flap wouldn't open today ( 3rd gen ), no matter how many time i was pulling the flap release,in the end had to get screwdriver and force it open and have now damaged the lock ( plastic bit snapped ) has this happened to you and whats the fixing procedure ?

advice appreciate
    Maybe the cable connecting the lock and the pull in the cab has stretched over time to the point of not working

I personally wouldn't bother repairing, I'd get a universal locking petrol cap from Halfords and jus use that
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Hi i had same problem with mine,i had someone with a screwdriver to place a little pressure on the flap while i pulled the release cable,once open there is a little metal tab on the flap which acts as a spring i just bent it out a bit and it works perfectly now.Sorry if this is to late to help now but may help next time.

Comment

Working...
      X