Hi all new owner from norfolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all new owner from norfolk

Hi,My names jason and i'm a farmer from norfolk have just this week taken delivery of a 1993 surf ssrg 3.0 auto which i found in a field about 3 miles away,the truck was stood there and untouched by the previous owner since 2012 after a bit of negotiating the deal was made,2 new batterys cranked over for a minute or so and she fired into life.After a steam down and inspection over the pit it is all very solid apart from bumpers.Looking forward to tinkering with it so i can bat around the farm chasing poachers and flytippers .Will post some pics up soon.Great site guys.

Hi n welcome enjoy ya Toy now we must have Pics, enjoy .....
    If it's only tin worm in the Bumpers ya got no problems ....

14+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

welcome jason, as said above, lets see some pics
      Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

very welcome,
        yes, pics!!
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Pics of ssr-g rescued from field

Hi guys here is a few pics of the surf i rescued of local field,work in progress as you can see.Took it for mot on friday just as exploratory exercise and was surprised after sitting neglected for so long that it only failed on front wheel bearings had play, and the horn fell off on way to testall in all cost me £250+mot fee so far.Now what shall i do to her now?????
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by badtoy View Post
            Hi guys here is a few pics of the surf i rescued of local field,work in progress as you can see.Took it for mot on friday just as exploratory exercise and was surprised after sitting neglected for so long that it only failed on front wheel bearings had play, and the horn fell off on way to testall in all cost me £250+mot fee so far.Now what shall i do to her now?????
            She don't look too bad, as wat to do next some bumpers would probably improve the image lol and maybe a nice set of all terrains on the rims, Chuck a quick valet at it and u got I nice truck for hitting fly tippers with
            Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Took the bumpers off as the worm had destroyed them looked at getting some new ones from roughtrax might try and fab some up i like the look of the x-rox bar from oz.Gonna go search on the site for lift info now as i will need more clearance as most of the time she will be off road.

Comment

spare wheel carrier? or under?
                (got both spare)
                what would you use for?
                offroading? (suspension lift, body lift, snorkel, axle breathers,...)
                towing? (stand alone gearbox cooler, snorkel because i like them,...)
                where about in norwich are you?

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                  spare wheel carrier? or under?
                  (got both spare)
                  what would you use for?
                  offroading? (suspension lift, body lift, snorkel, axle breathers,...)
                  towing? (stand alone gearbox cooler, snorkel because i like them,...)
                  where about in norwich are you?
                  Near fakenham is where i am about 25 miles from norwich,have got wheel carrier took it off to sand blast it.Mainly offroad round the farm so was looking at 2" springs and 2" spacers for rear and 2" ball joint spacers and tweak torsion bar and shocks to suit,also 2" body lift just ordered from fleabay.Oh and a snorkel cos i like them too

Comment

EGR off?
                    i used to go every 6month near you and salhouse, till i crashed mine, now near completion, my visit there is well overdue, will be first thing to do drive there, might pop in if you dont mind,
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...&highlight=egr
                    body lift
                    http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

Comment

EGR off????? Sure you can pop round just bring a 10 13 17 19 and 24mm sockets with you cos i;m sure someone round my yard eats the bleedin things:sneaky Let me know when you are down this way and pm me.

Comment

yes, i posted a link of it,
                        normally got a set of tools in the truck, doe now there is nothing, i mean nothing inside,
                        no seats,roof lining windows interior trim or dashboard.
                        hoping for this weather dries up to paint it,
                        you only can pm if you got paid the subscription.

Comment

I am near Wisbech if you are over this way some time.
                          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

surf trip, round surfers!

Comment

Working...
                            X