Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding cost

Alright fellas

Anyone with any experience of roughly what it would cost to get both rear arches and lower corners of the rear quarters behind the rear wheels welded?

Got some tin rot, I can source some spare metal for the rear corners and arches themselves, but not sure what sort of figure I would expect to part with for labour cost for the welding for a job of that size.

Anyone had those areas done who might be able to shed some light? Or want some work?!

Thanks
    Owen

Originally posted by pyemaster View Post
    Alright fellas

Anyone with any experience of roughly what it would cost to get both rear arches and lower corners of the rear quarters behind the rear wheels welded?

Got some tin rot, I can source some spare metal for the rear corners and arches themselves, but not sure what sort of figure I would expect to part with for labour cost for the welding for a job of that size.

Anyone had those areas done who might be able to shed some light? Or want some work?!

Thanks
    Owen
    contact TonyN at www.4x4toys.co.uk
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks but Tony doesn't do welding on the bodywork, anyone else had that work done or have an idea of what I might expect to part with?

Owen

Comment

Welding is not cheap especially if it's external and needs to match pannels.
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Yeah I was expecting it to cost a bit, just thought it might be worth testing the water from those guys on the forum who've had those areas done before so I know when I'm getting quotes whether I'm being ripped off..

Owen

Comment

Originally posted by pyemaster View Post
            Yeah I was expecting it to cost a bit, just thought it might be worth testing the water from those guys on the forum who've had those areas done before so I know when I'm getting quotes whether I'm being ripped off..

Owen
            Hello mate got a shock last year at mot nearside rear arch rotted away behind arch extension went to local Toyota dealers for a quote expecting a telephone number, more than surprised £290.00 for new rear quarter fitted and painted well pleased, lovely job as well.
            15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

I think that such work should not be expensive, because it will take a little time to process the behind arch, besides you have metal, which means it will come out even cheaper. Last year I turned to the guys with a case so that they fixed some of the metal gates for me, but I did not have iron for this. I thought that it would take all my stocks of money, but I was lucky that I turned to the right guys prowelderguide.com. They helped me do everything economically and that’s why I could afford it all, and it’s also profitable
              Last edited by encoupejas; 9 May 2020, 06:48.

Comment

Trench coats look equally amazing on women, giving them an air of elegance and ... Come with us through this style guide and learn how to wear a trench coat. ... It'll keep you warm and protect your dress at your next wedding, Women Faux Leather Jackets cocktail party,

Comment

In all cases, tinnitus includes the mind's hear-able cortex, which is liable for hearing. Certain nerve cells and neural circuits are "tuned" to a particular pitch, similar to keys on a piano. At the point when we experience hearing changes, our cerebrums endeavor to redress, setting the cycle of tinnitus into movement.

for more info: dental custom earplugs
                  Last edited by bigear; 16 November 2020, 17:10.

Comment

Welder is a very relevant profession at the moment, and I think that this will be the case for the next few decades. I became a welder not so long ago and I enjoy my work, for me it is a very relaxing and creative task. In addition, I feel very confident after every working day. My friend is also currently taking courses and learning more about the welder's profession. He has even considered switching from his usual job as a longshoreman to a welder, even though it seems like a tedious job. So it can be good for him
                    Last edited by boowie; 20 February 2021, 17:11.

Comment

t can vary based on multiple factors such as the location, the expertise of the welder, and the materials needed. However, according to a rough estimate, the cost of welding both rear arches and lower corners of the rear quarters behind the rear wheels could range from $500 to $2000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
                      Check out this website too I think it might help you https://tigweldersreview.com/everlast-tig-welder/
                      It's recommended that you get quotes from multiple reputable welders or body shops in your area to get a more accurate estimate for your specific needs. Additionally, make sure to consider the quality of workmanship and materials used, as it can affect the longevity and durability of the repair.

Comment

Had the Surf for over six years now. The past two MOT's have both required quite a bit of welding carrying out. The 2021 MOT needed the rear bumper removing and fabrication of new panels for both inner sides and the rear valance. That all done was approx £350. The 2022 MOT needed both rear arches removing, all the rear interior and both of the side steps in order to weld in new wheel arches and partial replacement of the sills where they meet the arches. That all done was approx £500. I really should have blasted it with the Waxoil when I first bought it! Time will tell whether the 2023 MOT will find any corrosion but I'm hoping that's accounted for the majority of it for now.

Comment

My 4Runner is undergoing a Body Off Chassis resto as I type, it's at a well recommended Garage in Somerset [I am London based], so all things going well, I should be able to report back in a couple of months..!

Comment

Originally posted by nickjoseph754 View Post
                            t can vary based on multiple factors such as the location, the expertise of the welder, and the materials needed. However, according to a rough estimate, the cost of welding both rear arches and lower corners of the rear quarters behind the rear wheels could range from $500 to $2000 or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
                            Check out this website too I think it might help you https://tigwelderpro.com/how-to-use-the-tig-welder/
                            It's recommended that you get quotes from multiple reputable welders or body shops in your area to get a more accurate estimate for your specific needs. Additionally, make sure to consider the quality of workmanship and materials used, as it can affect the longevity and durability of the repair.
                            I found one. Thankyou

Comment

Working...
                            X