I want to come back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to come back!

Hi all! Been a while since I was here.... Stupidly sold my Surf ages ago, and now I'm back in the market.

Anyone wanting to sell??

After a Gen 3. Ideally petrol. Ideally with the spare wheel underneath.

Anyone?

;-)
    It just does, OK?

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo View Post
    Hi all! Been a while since I was here.... Stupidly sold my Surf ages ago, and now I'm back in the market.

Anyone wanting to sell??

After a Gen 3. Ideally petrol. Ideally with the spare wheel underneath.

Anyone?

;-)
    Hello Dave, long time no type welcome back, you'll find it pretty quiet here now,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

im nearly back myself, couple of weeks hopefully
      Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Hello Dave, long time no type welcome back, you'll find it pretty quiet here now,
        It is quiet! What happened?
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Welcome back Dave, yes you'll find it quieter than it was a few years ago ....
          I think you'll find most on F book now, some pop in from time to time tho !!

14+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo View Post
            It is quiet! What happened?
            I think it was the way some were treated by other members and even the admins here. I left for about two years because an admin said I wasn't needed here. Guess who that was? He is not here now. I came back a while ago because he had left and I noticed questions were not being answered and usually helped when and where I could. Facebook may have something to do with it but I hate Facebook. It's even quieter on the Aussie forum lately. Surfs here are probably getting rarer because of the import ban implimented a few years ago.

Nev.

Comment

Noticed the quietness myself.

Finally got another Surf two days ago. Selling the 2.4 back in 2012 was a big regret. been trying to find her eversince. currently she has no MOT or tax so im inclined to think she has been scrapped or broken up.
              My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

I don't understand the perceived negativity towards facebook, you have to direct your browser to here or facebook does it matter if the background is blue or white ?
                Probably not.
                You are still accessing the internet.
                So you say you don't like facebook ? surely that will depend on how you use it , do I want to see cats with chopsticks playing chopsticks once maybe twice then you move on.
                You cant hide behind a "nickname" so you talk to an actual person.
                It is still a "forum" with a special access granted to those invited.
                The admin will stamp out any banter that gets above and beyond.

You post something be it a picture of your truck a mod you have done or a question technical or otherwise and you get an alost immediate response.

Don't get me wrong the information I have gleamed from here in the past has been invaluable but times change and the way people access their information has changed too.
                Facebook is too easy.
                Sorry.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

The only thing worse with FB (from the point of view of a Surf/4Runner forum) is that there are no "Threads" to group posts together. The t4r.org page is still busy.

Didn't know Oz had implemented an import ban. Why so, when Oz/NZ has had so many? Where do flush Ozzies buy their Benklees and Bimmers from then?
                  Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I didn't know that had been said about Nev!, who the hell was that?, Didn't know Australia had banned imports either, WTF about personal choice,
                    As for facebook perhaps I misjudge it somewhat BUT all I seem to hear about it is negativity, peado grooming, cyber bullying, idiots that feel the need to inform the world every time they pass wind or thye get a shag in, post pics of a soddin curry their about to demolish, if there were forum type secrions you could go for say surfs or whatever it'd be ok,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I too must have missed what was said about Nev?

I also can not stand face book (personal opinion), was really good when it first began for burglars, public profiles with addresses etc and then people posting they are off on holiday.

Maybe its just me but I just don't get it.
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Facebook's a 'woman' thing.

A bloke shouldn't be on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                        X