Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Din Adaptor Kit

Hey Everyone,

I am hopefully fitting a double din gps dvd thingy into my gen 2 1995 knz130 and was wondering if anybody knows of a adaptor kit available?
    The car as far as I know has none of the factor original bits as a aftermarket single din was bodged in place.

If anyone has any words of wisdom or know where the aforementioned adapter kit can be found I will be most thankful

Thanks

Adapter kit

Halfords sell the adapter kit, depending on which size you are putting in you can also get the spare cubby hole, so filling all the space.

Comment

Thanks will.b

Are those kits for joining the wire from the unit or going from a unit to your car?

mine is a no name china jobbie

Comment

I didn't think you needed an adaptor kit to fit a double in unit...

As long as they are true double din, they natively fit. (unless the 2nd gen has something specific about it)

if you are referring to the wiring harness a standard halford/autoleads din adaptor should do it... its pretty much the same for all Toyotas unless they have active speakers or a factory amp.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
          I didn't think you needed an adaptor kit to fit a double in unit...

As long as they are true double din, they natively fit. (unless the 2nd gen has something specific about it)

if you are referring to the wiring harness a standard halford/autoleads din adaptor should do it... its pretty much the same for all Toyotas unless they have active speakers or a factory amp.
          Thanks Karma

I have done 90% of the wiring, but the "lovely" person before me literally took a chainsaw to the factory wiring, so I am having to butcher the previous aftermarket wiring to make it work. I have the unit running and speakers but for some reason the buttons remain illuminated even when the engine if off and the door are locked? I tried disconnection the Illumination wire, but now none of the buttons are illuminated? lol
          I have also managed to find a universal double din cage that I will have to install first, and after mounting the connector plate thingys to the head unit, I dont think it will fit into the cavity? might have to butcher trim panel to fit, I am planning on wrapping it in vinyl anyway

Good time

now I just have the new arial to fit, and reversing camera

Comment

Working...
          X