Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rated recovery points

Alright fellas,

Looking to buy a couple of rated front recovery points to fit where the standard hooks are mounted on the chassis rails.

Does anyone know where to buy some? I've checked online but not had much luck.I presume 2nd Gen specific ones would have the correct bolt hole pattern...

Cheers

Owen

Noone can help with this chaps? There may be a few of you running rated front recovery points, have you had them custom made instead?

Owen

Comment

Your looking for something like these

Link 1

Link 2 3rd Item down

Comment

Cheers Growler, is there much real world difference between rated hooks and rated sealed-hole points? I suppose you can keep shackles attached to rated points, whereas they'd need to be attached and detached with a hook?

Owen

Comment

I got a pair of these the other day, stamped 10,000lbs - http://www.winch-it.com/proddetail.p...=Recovery-Hook

They were supplied with grade 5 bolts though
          https://galooph.com

Comment

Originally posted by galooph View Post
            I got a pair of these the other day, stamped 10,000lbs - http://www.winch-it.com/proddetail.p...=Recovery-Hook

They were supplied with grade 5 bolts though
            Those are the correct fit for the Surf as they have mounting hole centres of 35mm. You need M12 x 1.25 bolts for the Surf. Use grade 8 or better bolts.

Nev.

Comment

I'd be looking at using a bridle to share the load (which with those hooks appears to be 20,000 lbs combined) but I've read hooks can 'bend in' when the force is pulling inward to a central point. So I was thinking two recovery points bolted to the two holes the standard hooks fit into would be better (which shackles would then fit to), but I cannot for the life of me find somewhere selling Hilux recovery points, not hooks. I suppose I could have some fabbed up, but then how would you know their rating?

If someone has any bright ideas?!

Owen

Comment

So has anyone had any rated recovery points (not hooks) fabbed up?

Owen

Comment

Search for a company called "Overfabrications" they are down your end of the world and they do some amazing work

I'm sure they can sort you out

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the tip mate.

Both Google and the forum not giving any details though, do they still trade?

Owen

Comment

Overfab

Put Overfab into the search box at the top with Google selected and you should see an entry for over fabulous. Overfab is also on Farcebook. On here as Surfenstein, (I think).
                      Also have a look on hilux owners club.
                      Last edited by Tankerman; 13 January 2016, 18:43. Reason: More info!

Comment

Spot on, thanks Tankerman.

Owen

Comment

Working...
                        X