Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing MT and AT Tyres

Hi All

I'm after opinions on having MT on the back and AT on the front?
    My front tyres are worn out, some i'm thinking of putting my good AT from the back now on the front, so I have ordered Cooper 31 10.50 15 COOPER DISCOVERER STT 109Q for the rear,

I'm not sure how it will effect the road handling or if I should put MT all around (don't do that much off road more muddy feilds)

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Mark

Personally I wouldn't mix them.

They're both designed to do different things and the outside diameter of each will be different, even if they purport to be the same size.

Comment

have done it.
      the big problem is when you on mud the rears grip but the fronts don't. you have drive but can't turn much.
      much better to have them all the same.

Comment

I wouldn't and if you don't go off road then not sure why you'd order the STT Coopers as they are a mud tyre!

Stick with a good A/T such as BFG and you'll be fine in 99.99% of all situations. If you want to use Cooper and a more mud biased tyre with good road manners, I'd recommend the new ST Maxx http://www.coopertire.co.uk/tyres/of...verer-s-t-maxx I've just changed to these after 10 years of BFG A/T and very impressed
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
        X