4runner update with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4runner update with pics

Been a while and i haven't uploaded any pics of the changes i have made over the last year and a half so thought i would post some:

Early night practice

ditched it a wee bit...oops, drove straight out though

Took a friend up to see what it was like and to convince him to get his newer hilux off road as he owned it from new and had never taken it off road

It worked, he had so much fun he gave it a shot with his :-)

Comment

next i bought a spare bumper and chopped it for better clearance, i also painted all bumpers and flares in same metallic but left it matt

next i changed the interior trim from the old crusty and flaking off wood trim to some ebay stuff to tidy it up a bit, dash and switch surrounds all done

Comment

next i started making myself a sleeping/storage platform so i can sleep in it when i am exploring the north of Scotland if i could be bothered pitching a tent

Comment

2" suspension lift on rear with roughtrax springs and shocks, raised front torsion bars by 2" to match, if i remember right i have the thicker factory bars...some pics of testing

Comment

some recent pics with a grill mod and removed the horrible hub centre caps

Still on the to do list are to wire up the fogs i put on, install a cb i have and also fit a front steel tubular bumper i bought and have had sitting for a year now.

Right now i have rebuilt calipers but didnt last long as corrosion on the pistons was too much, i have bought new discs calipers pads etc, calipers are now painted and will put them on in the next couple of days. I have replaced both outer cvjoints and all boots too...this is where i need some help, i think the inner cv joints are gone too as i have a clunking sound still left (all other clicking etc has gone after replacing outers) i noticed some polished areas on the inside of the inner cv when cleaning and also a little play in the diff itself. I would really appreciate some advice on this issue, please see below link for the separate thread on this where i will post some pics of wear and vid of the play in diff:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83833

Any advice appreciated so i can get it going again and continue exploring up north with it ;-)
            Last edited by sleepy; 30 September 2015, 18:42.

Comment

Going to put this up for sale soon, keep eyes posted on for sale section or pm me for info ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X