Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new big hilux surf project

HI !
    Some months ago i had to make a choice a hilux surf or a L200 for a project, i wanted a 4x4 diesel, i have to mention that till now i had only small petrol cars that i worked on so i wanted a big diesel car for a challenge. I chose a hilux surf so i got myself a non runner hilux a 2.4l 1992 ln130 import for a start , the car looked good, bumpers ok, low mileage, extremely nice interior, automatic , 2 batteries, all electric all electric working, defects injection pump out of timing, problem pump with a broken screw ring , if i can call it that, the ring was broken in one of the sides. worked done replace pump, replaced timing kit, timed engine , replaced belts , changed oil and filters, replaced some plugs and some wiring, replaced glow plugs, now the engine starts hard takes about 10-12 cranks of the engine but after that it runs ok, it has a fuel leak somewhere so i blame that, the smoke is ok i mean that at idle you can survive in the same garage with the car, water is stable , oil pressure ok,
    WHAT I NEED HELP IS
    problems i cannot find fuel leak still starting very hard , seams that it lost power on the weals in 2wd on going in ramp but ok when engaged 4wd, i want to install a webasto heater and i cannot find a proper location for it, i want to fit air suspension and i can fit airbag suspension on the back but if i will fit airbag shock absorbent in front will i be able to modify the hight, will i be able to lower and raise it from air pressure , i am still trying to work out how the suspension work's
    If somebody can share some of their experience with me it will be hilly appreciated
    THANKS!
    PS i am looking for some hilly reasonable winter tires

now prolem

since yesterday the engine check start coming and going, and i started to hear a small knock. I've done a diagnostic and it came up with 12, now i am stuck

Comment

Everything sorted

Found the fuel leak, it was a return hose , adjusted fuel pump, reset efi and now started as a dream , water temperature steady, extra electric couling fan starts when it should, no smoke, no knoks or bed vibration. Next step is to find a good place for the webasto heater .

Comment

Good job! No idea what code 12 is, sorry.

Comment

code 12 is knock sensor, that was because the fuel pump was out of timing, anyway that is solved now, also solved a problem with the heating, the flap that changes hot/cold air wasn't closing properly due to the wire that controls it i just adjusted the cable that controls the flap.
          new problem the fuel gauge doesn't work, can anybody tell me what is the wire structure, where are the wires going from fuel tank to gauge also does anybody has the wiring plan for the radio or at least what colour is what, mine are in Japanese

thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by ciuly View Post
            code 12 is knock sensor, that was because the fuel pump was out of timing, .............., also solved a problem with the heating, the flap that changes hot/cold air wasn't closing properly due to the wire that controls it i just adjusted the cable that controls the flap.
            what model do you have ?

there is no knock sensor on a diesel.

there is no hot/cold flap on the ln130's, they have a tap in the water line at the top rear of the engine bay.

Comment

I fitted my webasto to the chassis undernrath. Near side under rear door. Thetes jusy enough space on the inside of the chassis. Had to male abracket and wrld studs to the chassis

Comment

Code 12 is Timer Control Valve. Bottom rear of injection pump. Code 12 can also be triggered by timing if belt if not fitted correctly, or slipped a tooth or two.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
                  there is no hot/cold flap on the ln130's, they have a tap in the water line at the top rear of the engine bay.
                  There is a flap inside the vehicles ducting, just after the fan which directs air either directly through or via the heater if on cold or hot setting and also allows a mixture of cold and hot for temperatures between these. This is cable controlled. Maybe that's what he is talking about.

Nev.

Comment

Yes that is the flap that I am taking about, from the doc that I have it said that code 12 is knock sensor but under the section of troubleshooting it was saing that the pump might be out of timing the good thing is that now is fixed. The knock sensor it supose to be somewere on the engine block about 10 cm under the injection pump

Comment

And yes you are right that sensor is not the knock sensor but the timer control valve
                      Thanks! I will make note of that for the he future

Comment

The knock sensor it supose to be somewere on the engine block about 10 cm under the injection pump
                        diesels don't have knock sensors.

Comment

I wish they did. Or some kind of decent feedback loop to tune to...

Comment

The knock sensor it supose to be somewere on the engine block about 10 cm under the injection pump
                            Only sensor in that area is the Crank Angle Sensor.

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewt...p?f=63&t=14158

Nev.

Comment

a new problem , i am fitting a webasto heater in order to heat the cabin overnight with the engine off , i will link it to the cars heating system, now the problem is how to make the ventilation to work without having the ignition on

Comment

Working...
                              X