diesel leak question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel leak question

i started my 2.4 up the other day and it was leaking diesel from the front end passager side it was running off realy badly so i park it back up on the drive
    the next day i had time to have a hour or so looking around the surf i started her up and there was no leak
    i have looked around the engine but carnt see nothing that jumps out at me
    any ideas please
    when i say leak i mean a realy large leak
    i looked back on my car cararas and i can see that around a week ago it started to leak i can see the marks on the drive as i back off
    but theres no leaking marks as i drive on to the drive
    so it appears its leaking when i start her up but then slowing or stoping before i park back up
    i only do around 2-3 miles when i go out in the mornings
    any ideas welcome and abuse or banter owt will do owts better than nowt
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

I'd start with the pump top seals...both easy and cheap...could be once it's warm is enough to slow/stop the leak.

The seal get hard when they're old...

Comment

Degrease the pump so it is clean and diesel free.
      Then chuck some flour at it when it is nice and dry.
      When you start it up look for the damp patches and that will be where the leak(s) are.

Failing that when your fuel tank is pretty low bung some brake fluid in the tank.
      That will help the seals to soften and swell a bit which might stop the leak.
      At least for a bit.

Mine was a complete bitch to find but it was on the top of the distributor behind the SCV.

Brake fluid at the moment till I can work up enough enthusiam to pull the pump out.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

cheers for the answers lads
        will be trying them out first thing
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
        X