Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your exhaust

Chaps

Had a new standard exhaust fitted, all very good and well but the end pipe is very long and I fear awkwardly in the way for offroading / reversing with a steep departure angle.

Before I take an angle grinder to it, interested to see what other people have done with the exit positioning of the tail pipe... I'm thinking of lopping off 12" or so, but I don't want too much exhaust gas exiting under, rather than outside the body.

Owen

A common mod is to cut the pipe back and bring it out under the rear passenger side door. Not done it myself, but it's on the to-do list
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

mine is cut and angled to exit just to the rear of the near side rear wheel. Seems ok there

Comment

Mine.
        Attached Files
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hi Vagrant, how do you find fumes with it so close to the rear door / window? I'd rather not have to go about pipe bending, welding, etc, but at the moment it looks like a long, dangly silver spaghetti sticking out from under the back corner.

I'd be thinking of having it exit straight out of the back, with the tail pipe finishing probably 10-12" short of the back of the body, I'm just a little concerned with fumes getting in the open rear window.

Owen

Comment

UK law states exhaust has to exit clear of the body. I have no fume entry into vehicle from any open window. Most 2nd gen owners cut and modify the exhaust to exit behind the nsr wheel under the corner bumper.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Very interesting, thanks for clarifying. Looks like it's the heavy tools then.

Owen

Comment

I have twin pipes side exiting just behind the rear wheel.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Comment

Exhaust

Its not a Surf its a 70 Series Land Cruiser KZJ70. Its stainless steel 2.5 inch. it comes out just under the drivers door.

Comment

Working...
                    X