I got it! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got it! :D

Finally got myself a nice 3l head, so time to get the surf back on the roads terrorising civilians.

Can't believe the weight of the things, gonna have to get another pair of hands to lift that damn thing in and out of the engine bay.

One question tho, what head gasket should u be using, Google isn't much help this time.

2.4 with 3l head. Do I use standard 2.4 head gasket or a standard 3l head gasket? (and yep by 3l I mean engine not 3.0ltr)

Tia
    well, that was a bad idea!

Congrats on the head.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Bet the extra weight in the MR2 helped the handling

Lots of info if you search ref head gasket.

Genuine Toyota best

Robert

Comment

don't forget to measure the piston protrusion and select the correct sized head gasket.

Comment

My mate had a faulty after arket gasket - it cost him ££ to put everything right

Comment

2.4 gasket is the one you need so it matches bore size. The 3L has a bigger bore.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
              2.4 gasket is the one you need so it matches bore size. The 3L has a bigger bore.

Nev.
              Thanks nev, will be getting genuine through roughtrax. Thinking of going thickest option just to be safe.

And Robert, many thanks bud, weight over the arse end was a benefit in the wet.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                Thinking of going thickest option just to be safe.
                unfortunately thats what many do and then wonder why it runs like crap.

Comment

Looking at RT seems there only one option.

Comment

Made a start on it today, rad is definitely destined for scrap.

Shall I get a standard 2.4 rad or one from a 3.0?

Also my harmonic dampener has yet again eaten through the cambelt cover. Why the hell does it keep doing this, all cover bolts were in and was tight to engine, this is the 3rd harmonic and all have don't it. Cant figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                      Made a start on it today, rad is definitely destined for scrap.

Shall I get a standard 2.4 rad or one from a 3.0?

Also my harmonic dampener has yet again eaten through the cambelt cover. Why the hell does it keep doing this, all cover bolts were in and was tight to engine, this is the 3rd harmonic and all have don't it. Cant figure out why.
                      Check your crankshaft end float.
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                      X