Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surfer looking for stuff!

Hi Everyone

First let me say that the wealth on information on this forum, and it's wise members will surely be a massive help to me in the future so many many thanks in advance!

Since my other half passed her driving test I have been looking for a Toy vehicle that I can commute to uni in and have a bit of fun driving. I originally looking at an old MR2 but with 2 children (and the usual wheeling and dealing I get up to) I decided that a man truck of some description would be awesome. I looked at pick ups and troopers..Paj...jeep, but after much research have my heart set on a Surf. Come late September I will have around 1.5 / 2k to spend on a Surf 3.0TD hopefully SSR-G.
    I am looking for a project vehicle, a mechanically sound example with a tatty exterior with the intention of doing a custom camo "redneck" spray job. I will be adding snorkel, bull bars, exped roof rack + spots, 2" / 3"inch sus lift, + 2" Body lift hopefully with a set on 33"s. the guides already posted here will come in very handy ;-).
    I will also (over time) look to get a little more oomph out of the 3.0td to try compensate for the bigger wheels by performance exhaust, air filter and remap.

I have always wanted to get into offroading, but my previous family cars have somewhat been unsuitable ...scenic..807..accord lol

I will be hopefully doing a diary on here of modding the beast and the custom paint job! I am also looking to buy the above parts used if anyone has them floating about unloved?

So hello everyone that's the plan lol

p.s Since making my mind up I spotted one in my local town Sudbury in Suffolk !!
    Last edited by Beardless; 26 July 2015, 23:22.

sounds like you got surf bug ,,you will love driving surf offroad and be suprised what it can do
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
    X