MOT failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT failure

Surf failed the mot today. Last few months have been spent replacing every perished o ring in the engine plus front cam seal etc etc.

Best MOT fail ever... Clocks aren't marked in both mph and kph!

Anyone heard of this before.

It seems like these liberals in Brussels have gone too far this time!!!!! Arrgh

Originally posted by Jazzy G View Post

Best MOT fail ever... Clocks aren't marked in both mph and kph!
    are they nuts?

its a jap import! factory at the time never came that way
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I know. Apparently if it got an SVA when it was first imported it would have been ok, but there was no record of it having one.

Gonna have to get those plasma dials off ebay. Tho not sure if will work, the numbers don't seem in the right place.

Thinking of trying out Dartfield / flowerhill sometime soon if your interested?

Comment

remind me, is that you got a 2nd generation? or 3dr?
        if is a 2nd i might got the dials in miles and kms

Comment

Its a gen 2.

I am going to check the legislation myself. I think they are wrong.

Surely there are plenty of classic and older cars on the road with mph only on the clocks.

Don't really mind going for the plasma ones anyway. The results on here look pretty good.

Comment

Its a gen 2.

I am going to check the legislation myself. I think they are wrong. THEY ARE

Surely there are plenty of classic and older cars on the road with mph only on the clocks.YES,THEY ARE

Don't really mind going for the plasma ones anyway. The results on here look pretty good.
            if you stuck let me know, and i will look for them

Comment

Thinking of trying out Dartfield / flowerhill sometime soon if your interested?
              Can I come and play too? I'm only about 25 minutes from Dartfield. Unfortunately I don't think Flowerhill is doing 4x4 at the moment.

www.4xforum.net sometimes do offroading days. Really nice bunch of people.

Comment

Research done. Apparently its a northern Ireland thing. We require both mph and kph because we can cross the border where its kph. Except cars produced before 84?!

Had vr4 for 5 years that was still reading in kph. No problem with mot.

The missus FTO is the same as the surf. MPH only through a converter!

Must just be unlucky!

Fey, the more the merrier! Il be on here before I head down.

You been before?

Comment

Research done. Apparently its a northern Ireland thing. We require both mph and kph because we can cross the border where its kph. Except cars produced before 84?!thats silly

Had vr4 for 5 years that was still reading in kph. No problem with mot.

The missus FTO is the same as the surf. MPH only through a converter!

Must just be unlucky!

You been before?
                  i would like to go but my surf not there jet, still working on it

Comment

Does anyone know if the plasma dials ate available for the 3l?
                    Any of the ones I have seen for sale don't seem to match the scale on the speedo? Would I be right in thinking they are different on the 2.4?

Comment

they are the same, minus the light for the turbo,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLOUR-DIA...item1c46f2d66d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HIL...item3a60cef9e0

Comment

There appears to be a difference.

See the two links below:

One is clocked to 160kmh, the other 180kmh

Mine is 160kmh with 80 kmh / 50 mph being at 12 o'clock.

The plasma dials on ebay match the 180kmh scale.

Does anybody know if you can get plasma dials for my speedo?

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co....ails-i747.html

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co....ails-i748.html

Comment

You been before?
                          I've been around the Dartfield novice track, but haven't driven around Flowerhill. Dara (member on here) was one of the people I went with; he's Galway based too. He has a cut down Discovery for offroading. Great craic.

Comment

Working...
                          X