Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All!

I thought I'd best intro myself!

I recently bought a '95 3.0 v6 4Runner (not a true Hilux per sé I know), and I'm currently attempting to restore it to its former glory!

Parts are a nightmare to find, and import taxes are killing me, but hey, I love the beast!

Any other 3.0 4Runner owners about? I'm in Notts.

Cheers

Martin
    Last edited by Koi; 24 June 2015, 07:52.

Hi and welcome

Not sure what parts you are after but most Surf stuff fits the 4Runner and both Roughtrax and Milner 4x4 do parts as well as your local Toyota dealer. So not really sure why import costs are killing you.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

welcome, any pics? is your model came with electric heated seats factory?
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
        Hi and welcome

Not sure what parts you are after but most Surf stuff fits the 4Runner and both Roughtrax and Milner 4x4 do parts as well as your local Toyota dealer. So not really sure why import costs are killing you.
        Hi Koi. Because mine is a V6 petrol, parts are difficult to source, including from Toyota Directly. Milner and Roughtrax have informed me that they have limited very limited parts for the V6 petrol. So for instance: Timing belt kit. Buying the individual parts from UK suppliers: Over £400 (more from toyota) because the parts are difficult to source for the 3VZE. Imported from Australia: £200 + £50 Import tax.

Rear quarter panels: Not sourcable in the UK. The only place in the world I can find for Steel panels (I don't want the fibreglass equivalent), is canada. Import Tax galore.

I did manage to get a top end gasket kit in the UK, although that's simply because it's common to the more available 5VZE (3.4 - Landcruiser lump)

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
        welcome, any pics? is your model came with electric heated seats factory?
        Hi Budweiser, I'm at work right now, so no; but I'll get some up in due course. Mine doesn't have heated seats.

Cheers

Comment

Hi, welcome.

According to wiki:

1988–1995 Toyota 4Runner
          1988–1995 Toyota Pickup
          1992–1995 Toyota T100

To bad, i thought that this engine was in more cars, but that is the 3vzFe.

Glad i bought a 3.0 diesel 4runner.

Comment

Hi AND WELCOME as Nigel said why are you having trouble sourcing parts. I have owned several of the v6 petrol surfs and never had a problem getting parts. Body wise apart from a few subtle changes here and there its a surf, general running gear parts are the same, discs, drums pads and shoes, same as the diesel. Engine wise most good motor factors hold parts, and then there is always good old Ebay.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Try rockauto.com based in America, really good prices and cover more than just American stuff

Comment

Working...
              X