Wheel Arch Extn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Arch Extn

I have a five door narrow body surf and was in a breakers the other day and found a 3 door wide body. Question is will the arches from the 3 door fit my 5 door. Fronts will be ok but are the backs different because of the doors. Also the guy wants to sell me the whole vehicle less the engine - is all the running gear, chasis, etc the same just the body is different. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Door Wide-body

Originally posted by BUZZ
    I have a five door narrow body surf and was in a breakers the other day and found a 3 door wide body. Question is will the arches from the 3 door fit my 5 door. Fronts will be ok but are the backs different because of the doors. Also the guy wants to sell me the whole vehicle less the engine - is all the running gear, chasis, etc the same just the body is different. Any help would be appreciated.
    As you say, front arches should be ok, rears will definatly not fit, as the 4dr door shut line interupts the arch. **Edit That last bit is duff gen - sorry, total lies, ignore it, read the posts below**

Other than the obvious body differences, the chassis, running gear and most interio parts etc should be the same, basically anything not located where the rear doors would be should be interchangable.
    Last edited by Morr; 20 September 2004, 13:30. Reason: noting my errors
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      As you say, front arches should be ok, rears will definatly not fit, as the 4dr door shut line interupts the arch.

Other than the obvious body differences, the chassis, running gear and most interio parts etc should be the same, basically anything not located where the rear doors would be should be interchangable.
      On mine the rear arches aren't interrupted by the door, only thing that is shaped to fit around the door opening is the rubber sealing strip that goes between the arch and the body.

I'd snap up the rest of the motor if you have somewhere to store it.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys - what would be a decent offer for it - seems all complete except for engine...

Comment

Originally posted by BUZZ
          Thanks for the reply guys - what would be a decent offer for it - seems all complete except for engine...
          Bargain up from the bottom. I would think you have probably got £500 worth of useable parts at least (if not considerably more). Hopefully you should have at least the following that you could use or sell on to people on the forum.

Axles
          Gerabox
          Transfer case
          Propshafts
          Hub and brake assemblies
          Some interior parts hopefully
          Seats
          Sunroof (maybe)
          Dashboard
          Radiator
          Brake Master Cylinder and servo

etc etc etc.

Probably loads of money and usefull parts left in it. Offer him £400 and see if he bites - if he does he's probably a mug but if you don't ask you don't get.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
            ...the rear arches aren't interrupted by the door...
            D'oh .... thinking of the 3rd Gen, could have sworn my old 2nd Gen was similar in having the arch extenstion split between body and door too. Having checked some pics I see my memory is failing, Sorry for trying to lead anyone astray.

Just as well Andy's awake!
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

3 doors are rare as rocking horse !!!! arent they?

is the body repairable - ie front end damage?

nice project?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                Bargain up from the bottom. I would think you have probably got £500 worth of useable parts at least (if not considerably more). Hopefully you should have at least the following that you could use or sell on to people on the forum.

Axles
                Gerabox
                Transfer case
                Propshafts
                Hub and brake assemblies
                Some interior parts hopefully
                Seats
                Sunroof (maybe)
                Dashboard
                Radiator
                Brake Master Cylinder and servo

etc etc etc.

Probably loads of money and usefull parts left in it. Offer him £400 and see if he bites - if he does he's probably a mug but if you don't ask you don't get.

Cheers
                Please see picture of Jameswoods 3 door 2nd gen.
                Attached Files

Comment

Body is perfect, don't know why she is being scrapped - must be the engine blew or something ?

Comment

Working...
                  X