Toyo ADD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyo ADD

For the record can I state how much I loathe the ADD system.

I f&@kin LOATHE the ADD system
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

dont most selectable 4wd with shift on the fly have a ADD sort of operation?

Comment

Whats the problem then Ade?
      I gotta disagree, being able to shift in and out of 4wd on the fly up to 30 mph without even getting dirty boots, you just gotta love that.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Don't get me wrong I used to love the effortless " oh look sticky deep mud better reach down and hit that thumb button " and carry on regardless but it is not cooperating.

After waiting for the torrential rain to stop I have whipped off the transfer case motor.
        Cleaned it and checked inside to make sure no corrosion on the contacts.
        Checked and cleaned the carbon brushes
        Cleaned the armature.
        Made sure it would run in forward and reverse
        Stripped and greased as apropriate.
        Drained the transfer case oil
        Fitted the motor back on
        BUT
        For the life of me I cant get the frickin thing to work on the truck.
        The motor will turn one way then jam.
        Which means the main cog comes out again the drive cog and circlip out again and then the timing disk has to be popped out again to try to timing disk in a different position
        Then repeat.
        Again
        and Again.
        Oh and decided that head butting the gear box crossmember would be fun
        It wasn't

So the motor is now back on the bench.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Have you looked inside the multi pin connector to make sure that the pins are straight and not bent up? this happened to me on a number of occasions.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

So after another slog today the long and short of it is it looks like one of the hamsters powering the 4wd control doohickey has slipped its' mortal coil.

The motor works as per when hooked up to my spare battery it motors in and out engaging and disengaging 4wd effortlessly.

Options are new(as in new to me) 4wd control or using the outputs from the crapped out 4wd control to switch relays to give the motor some much needed juice.

ps gear oil stinks.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
            X