• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car and some doubts

Yes, finally I've got a car, and here's the Tardis:

It's a 1996 Gen3.
    It seems ok but:

1- I'm really confused why the turn signal lever is on the right? Specially because I'm used with the car and I'm turning the wiper on in every corner.

2- Another strange thing, anybody knows why this model doesn't have the instrument panel light control knob?

3- And the most important at the moment: I have to buy new tyres, any recommendation? Cheap places, good tyres. I've had the BF AT once and the last time I was using Firestone Destination.

Best regards.

Tyres, depends on your budget and usage, I get mine from eBay ay fit them, or use www.event-tyres.co.uk who are very competitive and come to you

Turn signal arm, it's the Japanese spec since nearly all Surfs (OK, technically all Surfs) in the UK are imported from Japan, the UK spec car is a 4 Runner, but no idea if the turn signal arm is the same though.

Dash light thingy, dunno, maybe a Japanese spec thing again.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

for tires you can check here too.

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-finder/...r=1/305-70-r16
      4 runners come with the light thing
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

all jap cars are right indicator that I have driven. Its better soon as you get used to it. you'll be flicking it on either way while your left arm chills by your side in no time.

I have a third gen with a dial. It will depend on the original spec of yours from factory.

After MUCH research I opted for goodyear latitude cross all round. Not cheap but C rated for fuel against every other 50/50 being F or worse and so far they have handled greenlanes with some pretty changable terrain and gradient and are seriously smooth on the road.. GY say they are 65/35 road bias but its been agreed they are playing down the offroad ability so get more sales from the chelsea tractor crew.

They also look sexy on the vehicle.

Comment

here you go.

Comment

BFG A/T all day for me
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewd Lux Lover View Post
                ..After MUCH research I opted for goodyear latitude cross all round...

They also look sexy on the vehicle.
                Especially the MICHELIN bit. Phwooar!!!

Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

If the third gen has the same pathetic coffee cup holder as the 2nd gen then you will really learn to appreciate the winker stick on the "wrong " side

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thank you all.

About the tyres, I've decided to use the spare tyre (new), it's a Bridgestone DUELER HT 689. So I'll buy one new, and use the spare for now.

And after that I'll save some money to change all tyres for something I want, Maybe the Michelin or BFG, I don't know.

Anyway, thank you for all the advices.

Best regards.

Comment

Wait till ya had ya Truck a few years n you'll wonder why ya had any doubts ...
                      enjoy it in the meantime .....

13+ Years of Surfs..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                      X