My 'Green Laning' Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 'Green Laning' Photos

Thought I'd start a new thread for somewhere just to post up my photos from when I've been out in the truck

Here's the first batch I got yesterday whilst exploring around Marlborough

tiz lots of funn
    nice pics dude hope you loved it
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I used to live in Marlborough, is that the ridgeway or somewhere else?
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
        tiz lots of funn
        nice pics dude hope you loved it
        Thanks it's great fun, shame none of the surfs meet up for laning more often

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          I used to live in Marlborough, is that the ridgeway or somewhere else?

I did go on the ridgeway but these photos are taken on byways near it

Comment

I used To run trips around the Plain but interest dropped off.
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

There are some great lanes around there, pity I didn't have the Surf when I lived there....or a driving license....

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                I wish this still happened, do you ever still do trips with anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom14292 View Post
                  I wish this still happened, do you ever still do trips with anyone?
                  Yes I would take a small group out but it will have to fit around my shifts and the Plain being open. Normally i run a group of 5 with myself and my neighbour being point and rear gunner and 3 trucks being between .

Comment

Yes I would take a small group out but it will have to fit around my shifts and the Plain being open. Normally i run a group of 5 with myself and my neighbour being point and rear gunner and 3 trucks being between .
                    That was of course, before the incident. You weren't to know Ian, and no one blames you for it.

Comment

The Surf Killer........ i will now depart

Comment

aaah The Plains so much FUN Ian, those were the days

13+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

How off road ready does a surf need to be for one of those trips? I'd like to have a little play off road in my gen 3, but only have all terrains and no lift.

Comment

The Plain is as easy or as difficult as you make it, There is always a way around the rougher stuff but you will be surprised how much a standard surf will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Paullen View Post
                              How off road ready does a surf need to be for one of those trips? I'd like to have a little play off road in my gen 3, but only have all terrains and no lift.
                              Hi n Welcome, You could say that sounds like a start All Terains n ya could throw lots a money at Mods to no real gain but, cosmetically if it's how ya would like ya Truck to look that's fine.
                              Let me say these these Trucks are well capable wether ya have a humble 1st Gen-2.4, 2nd Gen 2.4/3.0l or the 3rd Gen council or multimode version, ya don't say if yours is Council or Multimode 3rd Gen ....Others may have differing views to mine.
                              I started out with a bog standard Gen 2, 2.4 Truck a few years ago now looking for the capabilities of these superb Trucks without throwing lots of £££££'s at it first although I did want it to have a certain look or appearance (funds for a new head should it be needed) were more important at that time, n happy to say these wearn't needed.
                              It didn't take long to decide what to change after my First outing, first a set KL/71 MUDs replacing the standard tyres, loosing the rear Arb's (as this was a daily driver it still needed to be usable/ drive able, eventually loosing the front
                              Arb's n it worked for me for a few years at the Plains, SRTTS in Cornwall, Norfolk n the Highlands of Scotland tours, & believe she still around today by a Forum member...

In March 2008 I moved up to Gen2, 3.0l, even today I still run No Lift, No rear Arb's, Kl/71 MUDs occasionally, n as a daily driver run GG AT2's mostly, this hasn't stopped me doing the Plains, Cornwall, Norfolk or Drumglog (Scotland) in the past ....
                              So to sum up I'd say suck it n see first, then modify to suit or taste !!
                              Good Luck

13+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to. "T" is my Yota !!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X