Surf 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf 2.4

Am new to this site I bought a surf 2.4 1993 it was boiling when I got it so took the head of and it was cracked so I bought a new complete head fitted it with new water pump new injectors and heater plugs. On first start up it span over for ages needed a wee spray of easy start to fire when it did start it was running really lumpy and filled street with smoke. Every time I start it it needs a wee spray of easy start now and it misses and is very lumpy and smokey at low revs when you rev it up a bit seems to clear but when revs die it just misses and smokes checked all breathers and pipes all seem to be ok any ideas as what could be wrong thanks

what colour is the smoke?
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

common problem is putting the cam belt on a tooth out and not fitting the glow plug rail to lead connection correctly, which shorts it and blows the fuse.

Comment

Glow plug fuse is blown anyone got a diagram of how to fit rail correctly

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/glowplugs.htm

Try this

for more info "search this site" at top of page

Comment

Ok done it now.
            It was connected wrongly after replacing the head.

Where the glow buzz bar is connected to the cabling the spacers were connected wrongly.
            Blue spacer first, then buzz bar, then wiring, then black spacer then washer and nut.
            Had blue spacer then black spacer then wiring then buzz bar then washer then nut then pop goes the fuse. So wiring was shorting out on inlet manifold.
            Good job Andy came round cause we had another one to compare it to.

An old post ref Koi

Comment

I have no black spacer must have lost it is it just a rubber spacer

Comment

Working...
              X