Shift Lock requires Override

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Lock requires Override

Just bought a brand new (1992 don't judge I'm excited) Hilux surf 3.0 unleaded and got a great deal on it! It has a few problems and I've been researching them and gotten some incredible information from this site. Only question I have left is below.

I have what seems to be a common problem with the shift lock. The "Shift Lock Control ECU" has fried. I opened it up and it's all kinds of burnt up. I got another one and put it in but same thing happened. Tried cleaning it up but no luck. Now I'm assuming that a different part is frying these as I put them in (or i was unlucky enough to find a burnt one randomly). I have a version of the shop workbook but it is a little difficult to read in the format i downloaded it in. I was wondering if anyone figured out what was the underlying cause for these boards burning out? I found the below link and it trails off exactly where I am. Did anyone ever pick up where this was left off?
    "http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65619"

It might be caused by a short circuit in the shift solenoid wiring.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Sounds Legit

Hmm. Looking into that this weekend. Thank you!

Comment

Crazy Life

Life is crazy here and still haven't gotten a chance to go through this yet

Had a power window motor go out and the A/C compressor is ceased so i have a few bigger problems than this button. New compressor is here and already swapped out the window motor.

Haven't forgotten about this yet!!

Comment

Working...
        X