yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 2" lift kit effect my fuel economy or ride ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 2" lift kit effect my fuel economy or ride ?

Clues in the title really, I was looking at giving my truck some oomph! And the pics I have seen of these look good and not to in your face. But I don't want to effect the ride as these things are so comfy! Or the fuel economy.

Has anyone got first hand experience of these to give me some advice?

Cheers

i lost interest in looking on the fuel economy side of the surf long time ago.
    i never noticed any difference with the 2" lift when i did it.
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

You didn't specify Suspension or body lift (or what generation your truck is!)

In theory both will have a negative affect on fuel economy as its more drag, but in reality I don't think you'd notice... you will notice it more if you put larger diameter tyres on.

As for ride, a Body lift wont make a difference to ride overall* but suspension lift kits usually do on IFS Trucks.

*even if the suspension is totally unchanged, lateral bumps on a lifted truck with throw you left to right more, as the extra height exaggerates movement.
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
        You didn't specify Suspension or body lift (or what generation your truck is!)

In theory both will have a negative affect on fuel economy as its more drag, but in reality I don't think you'd notice... you will notice it more if you put larger diameter tyres on.

As for ride, a Body lift wont make a difference to ride overall* but suspension lift kits usually do on IFS Trucks.

*even if the suspension is totally unchanged, lateral bumps on a lifted truck with throw you left to right more, as the extra height exaggerates movement.
        Sorry I should have specified I have a 3.0 TD Gen 3. And the kit I want or would like to fit is a suspension kit (link below). R.E fuel economy im not overly bothered but ride I dont really want to alter as at the moment its a joy to drive.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=180&vid=936

Comment

Originally posted by JHiggy View Post
          Sorry I should have specified I have a 3.0 TD Gen 3. And the kit I want or would like to fit is a suspension kit (link below). R.E fuel economy im not overly bothered but ride I dont really want to alter as at the moment its a joy to drive.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=180&vid=936
          Karma has covered it...

Suspension lift = more body role and more dive under braking (higher mass/C.O.G.). Steering geometry is also changed, reduced castor angle giving slightly less self centering action to the steering.

If the lift springs are a higher poundage than the standard it will also be stiffer/harsher (mine are) and that of course slightly counters the role etc from being higher.
          Last edited by andyverran; 1 May 2015, 21:02.

Comment

Working...
          X